Kit Car Registration in Calif.
-
Santa Clarita Len
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:01 am
Kit Car Registration in Calif.
Hey guys, I feel so good that I have to tell somebody. My Bugatti kit car was previously registered as a 2002 Specially Constructed Vehicle which required smogging every 2 years and there was no way it could pass inspection because I had changed the engine, so I waited in line at the DMV at 3 in the morning on Jan. 2nd (they were closed on Jan. 1st) so that I would be one of the first 5 hundred in the state to be exempt from the smogging requirements and I was number 419, oh happy day. I recently went to the Bureau Of Automotive Repairs for the final inspection and my Bugatti will never have to be smogged again, I feel like the "system" has finally worked in my favor and of course I am ecstatic. The car was originally a 1966 VW.