A comma might've made that more clear, but I'm assuming it's now carbureted. You raise a possibility for an easy fix, when the FI harness was removed the Term 50 wire from the main harness may have gotten plugged onto the wrong terminal on the solenoid. Let's see what he says in response to my first question.MNAirHead wrote:...Is this still fuel injected?
EFI - Wiring Harness - What's Different from Carb- T1
- Marc
- Moderator
- Posts: 23741
- Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 12:01 am
Re: What's the deal
-
Chaos
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:01 am
I did not try bridging the terminals, next time I'm there I will try that before tearing things apart.Marc wrote:Does the starter work if you bridge the + and 50 terminals at the solenoid? What about if you inject +12V to the inline connector under the LR seat?
If the car has a seatbelt/starter interlock relay on the fusepanel (I've only seen them on `74s) it should be incapacitated by unplugging the sensor wires under the seats - but to ensure that it's out of the circuit (because even when closed, the contact can develop enough resistance to inhibit starter operation) you need to clip the two biggest wires going to it (one red/white-stripe, one white/red-stripe) and splice them together.
The relay is J34 in this diagram:
http://www.vintagebus.com/wiring/1303_U ... 1973-2.jpg
You'd be connecting the "C" wire from the ignition switch to the "50" wire going back to the solenoid.
The car is not fuel injected, my end comment was vague at best.
The plug for the old harness exists under in the rear seat area, but there is nothing leading to the transmission
A majority of the old harness is still in place, and is a huge mess, that's why I'm considering just re-doing it all.
Thanks for the tips, as always Marc, your knowledge is appreciated
- Marc
- Moderator
- Posts: 23741
- Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 12:01 am