removal of exhaust valve guide???
-
4Barrel Darryl
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marty:
<B>Great!
He has a very nice car and I am glad he has had no problems. I dont want anyone to have problems. I am also glad you have your guides in. I guess you dont have to worry about pieces of guide running through your turbine now do you? The person that started this thread asked about leaving the guides in in a TURBO application yet people respond with "leave them, Berg says so", and you with a SUPERCHARGER. What hapenned to the original intent of the thread?
If I had a supercharger, I would remove them there also but for a different reason.
Thanks for the help but I did'nt ask.
I'm fine.
Wanna race????????</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I love to race, as long as you don't cry like this after!! lol. Keep your shorts on, just thought I'd shed light all around.
------------------
Build what you "want", then you'll see people "want" what you have built.
<B>Great!
He has a very nice car and I am glad he has had no problems. I dont want anyone to have problems. I am also glad you have your guides in. I guess you dont have to worry about pieces of guide running through your turbine now do you? The person that started this thread asked about leaving the guides in in a TURBO application yet people respond with "leave them, Berg says so", and you with a SUPERCHARGER. What hapenned to the original intent of the thread?
If I had a supercharger, I would remove them there also but for a different reason.
Thanks for the help but I did'nt ask.
I'm fine.
Wanna race????????</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I love to race, as long as you don't cry like this after!! lol. Keep your shorts on, just thought I'd shed light all around.
------------------
Build what you "want", then you'll see people "want" what you have built.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
Cry!? HEHEHEHE
I learned a long time ago - you get back what you give, and in racing - poop happens.
Lets see, your in Conneticut?
I am in So Cal and I have my IDRC schedule out. Lets meet half way at a good track like Texas. April 13th and 14th at River City raceway. The IDRC Lone Star Nationals.
Loser pays the other guys gas that it took to get there and has to by the other guy dinner. Fair enough????????????
I learned a long time ago - you get back what you give, and in racing - poop happens.
Lets see, your in Conneticut?
I am in So Cal and I have my IDRC schedule out. Lets meet half way at a good track like Texas. April 13th and 14th at River City raceway. The IDRC Lone Star Nationals.
Loser pays the other guys gas that it took to get there and has to by the other guy dinner. Fair enough????????????
- James2
- Posts: 3148
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
I wanna race!!!!!!!!!, but I don't have my heads yet. Hmmmmmm, oh well, I'm sure Marty would smoke me. But the 1776 with the blower sounds like it could be a good race. I live on the east coast.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
I like blowers by the way.
Here is a pic of my buddies camaro motor.
Here is one of My other freind (Dave Benesek) dual blown Buick. You may have seen this car in Popular Hotrodding or on TV.
P.S. These cars haul ass too!
I have not raced Dave in the Buick (yet) but I did race Chris in the Camaro and beat him with my Bug
[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 12-08-2001).]
Here is a pic of my buddies camaro motor.
Here is one of My other freind (Dave Benesek) dual blown Buick. You may have seen this car in Popular Hotrodding or on TV.
P.S. These cars haul ass too!
I have not raced Dave in the Buick (yet) but I did race Chris in the Camaro and beat him with my Bug

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 12-08-2001).]
- vw505
- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
wow sucked in the bath mat all the way from the garage now thats power! i will start a new topic on the digger.
-
speedwheel
removal of exhaust valve guide???
Hey Marty, you said that aftermarket heads don't have this guide? You think CB 044 magnums don't have them?
Thanks
Thanks
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
No I said guide boss. The guide boss is the raised bump in the port that helps support the guide in the exhaust and the springs in the intake ports. Most aftermarket heads have more meat so they dont need them.
-
Marty's Fan Club
removal of exhaust valve guide???
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4Barrel Darryl:
Marty, seeing how you do not know Bad62 and his driving habits or motor for that matter, I'll enlighten you. It's a 2110cc w/ CB hideaway (new version) and has never been babied nor has the boost been below 10psi. He beats the living poop out of it and runs it on long trips and many weekends with heavy highway runs and quite a few drag races on and off the track.
It all comes down to proper parts and building proceedures. Everyone has a theory and everyone has the answer, funny that way. I run a DLI blower on my 1776cc with heads from Fred Simpson and they are very similar to Berg's in many ways, and the guides are still there! NO PROBLEMS, after aprox 10,000 miles.(?)
Who really knows the answer here, but I'm convinced with actual experience as the proof.
Hope this helps.
Well gee whiz 4Barrel Darryl.... I guess you need to enlighten yourself!! Obviously you dont know Bad62's motor either!! Hmmm it's funny when people think they know everything, but they dont know poop. BTW Darryl, is your middle name Rock?
Marty, seeing how you do not know Bad62 and his driving habits or motor for that matter, I'll enlighten you. It's a 2110cc w/ CB hideaway (new version) and has never been babied nor has the boost been below 10psi. He beats the living poop out of it and runs it on long trips and many weekends with heavy highway runs and quite a few drag races on and off the track.
It all comes down to proper parts and building proceedures. Everyone has a theory and everyone has the answer, funny that way. I run a DLI blower on my 1776cc with heads from Fred Simpson and they are very similar to Berg's in many ways, and the guides are still there! NO PROBLEMS, after aprox 10,000 miles.(?)
Who really knows the answer here, but I'm convinced with actual experience as the proof.
Hope this helps.
Well gee whiz 4Barrel Darryl.... I guess you need to enlighten yourself!! Obviously you dont know Bad62's motor either!! Hmmm it's funny when people think they know everything, but they dont know poop. BTW Darryl, is your middle name Rock?
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
Hey hey hey guys!
Take it easy. Me and Darryl are cool. There are no issues there. I can respect opposing viewpoints. Darryl even sent me a really nice X-MAS card. Thanks Darryl!
I apreciate (sp) the support but lets get back to spreading some high horsepower VW love. BAD62 - I like your car and everything but come on now, thats a little harsh of a response.
Heres a pic of me about to open a can of WhoopASS on some poor turbo honda to lighten the mood a little.
[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 12-14-2001).]
Take it easy. Me and Darryl are cool. There are no issues there. I can respect opposing viewpoints. Darryl even sent me a really nice X-MAS card. Thanks Darryl!
I apreciate (sp) the support but lets get back to spreading some high horsepower VW love. BAD62 - I like your car and everything but come on now, thats a little harsh of a response.
Heres a pic of me about to open a can of WhoopASS on some poor turbo honda to lighten the mood a little.

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 12-14-2001).]
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
That car is sooooo sweet!
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
Steve Timms is one of the best. You will not be disapointed.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
Hey, I found a pic of my exhaust port!
Look at the guide.
Look at the guide.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
removal of exhaust valve guide???
No more fighting now. Yall here?