CB Rotohub Rear Discs - ALL MUST READ!!!

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
User avatar
Searoy
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:01 am

CB Rotohub Rear Discs - ALL MUST READ!!!

Post by Searoy »

Who's butt crack is that in the picture? Ew!

------------------
*** Teach a Man to Fish ***
Searoy
Single Cab
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2001 12:01 am

CB Rotohub Rear Discs - ALL MUST READ!!!

Post by Single Cab »

I'm curious, is there some reason other than price that you guys are using the rotohub as opposed to the separate hub/disk style?

Thomas
Shad Laws
Posts: 1605
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:01 am

CB Rotohub Rear Discs - ALL MUST READ!!!

Post by Shad Laws »

Hello-

Nope, that's the only reason :-) The other kind is ~$600, whereas this one is <$350.

Take care,
Shad
Shad Laws
Posts: 1605
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:01 am

CB Rotohub Rear Discs - ALL MUST READ!!!

Post by Shad Laws »

Hello-

Just a quick clarification... it was mentioned to me that I may have been misleading...

No, the kit isn't crap. It's just underdocumented. Just note the break-in period, be wary of it, and all is fine. Otherwise, the kit is fabulous.

Take care,
Shad
Eurolook71
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2000 12:01 am

CB Rotohub Rear Discs - ALL MUST READ!!!

Post by Eurolook71 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Searoy:
<B>Who's butt crack is that in the picture? Ew!
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but that's pretty funny!!!
User avatar
Yellow73
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Yellow73 »

I am installing the Rotohub rear kit on my '73 IRS and have a question... Which way up do the calipers go? I thought that the caliper mounts with the spring "on top" of the caliper, is this correct.
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

Searoy:

Aren't you moving to Oklahoma?

Get used to that buttcrack view...;-)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
User avatar
Plasticfantastic
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plasticfantastic »

Yellow, calipers go on with the spring on top... actually what you look for is the bleeder... it has to be at the highest point for them to bleed properly. When you hold it in your hand and flip it back and forth you will see how one way puts the bleeder below the brake line coming in (bad) and the other way puts it above the brake line (good) which just happens to be with the spring on top :D .

Jeff.
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

Heeey man! I'm from Oklahoma.....the only time we look down and see butt crack...is when we are looking down I-35 at Tex-ass! :lol: Ray
User avatar
Class 11 streeter
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Class 11 streeter »

...
Last edited by Class 11 streeter on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
Paul Illick
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 12:01 am

Post by Paul Illick »

raygreenwood wrote:...when we are looking down I-35 at Tex-ass!
So you mean like Baja Oklahoma?
Last edited by Paul Illick on Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

I really can't complain too loud....I was born in Tex-ass.....live in Tex-ass....but spent some formative years in Oklahoma...and went to college at OU..... :shock: 8) . Certain times of the year I have to be careful not to get lynched. :lol: Ray
User avatar
Yellow73
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Yellow73 »

Plastic,
Thanks for the response. I thought that was the correct way for the exact reason you stated, but I would prefer to ask an question now than realize a mistake later.
User avatar
Plasticfantastic
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plasticfantastic »

Yep, that's exactly how I learned many years ago. Helping a buddy put on a rear brake kit and he knew even less than I did... and we made that mistake, we eventually figured it out and when you do, it seems so obvious. :oops:
User avatar
Yellow73
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Yellow73 »

Funny, that is what I was thinking when I posted but figured I would ask anyway. I appreciate the help. :)
Post Reply