Another blow thru 1600 build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
John S.

Re: Another blow thru 1600 build

Post by John S. »

I did have some fuel leaks. I may rethink some of the fuel system. I used steel line with single flare fittings. Both fittings leaked.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Fuel system ,, done ,, Good job, I looked no tow bar,, I think I gave it to my Helper ,cuz I have a 5 " narrow front beam too :wink:
John S.

Post by John S. »

Thanks for looking. I can make the ends for the tow bar, was just trying to avoid it.

I just have to finish wiring the MSD and it it will run. Still without the turbo, but I’ll add the turbo if it idles and revs good.
John S.

Post by John S. »

Wired the MSD today and it runs! Need some drla 50 idles. CB is out of stock. My Amazon fuel pressure gauge is showing over 10 psi at idle and adjusting the the malapsi regulator doesn’t lower the gauge. I would have taken it for a ride, If it wasn’t on jack stands with three wheels removed. It’s still n/a guys.
madmike

Post by madmike »

I think their's a guy on slamba in Az. name Rich? He's Got Deleto parts :wink: :lol:
John S.

Post by John S. »

I emailed him on Friday. Haven’t heard anything, yet. I think I’m going to buy an Autometer a/f gauge kit. Decent price and no bad reviews.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

John S. wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:18 pm I emailed him on Friday. Haven’t heard anything, yet. I think I’m going to buy an Autometer a/f gauge kit. Decent price and no bad reviews.
Have you tried Blackline Racing in Idaho? I'd bet they have the parts you need.
John S.

Post by John S. »

The engine needs to crank a lot to restart. Even after just running. Could it be so rich that the plugs need to clean up with help of the msd? I have to check the fuel bowl and float setting.
madmike

Post by madmike »

could be? doesn't take long to foul plugs
John S.

Post by John S. »

I just got some 50 idles from carbs unlimited. They seem to be a good source.
It’s been a crazy two weeks. My Tahoe broke down while towing the empanada trailer. That ended with two tows and a alternator and battery. And, sometime Thursday in the am, someone vandalized the trailer. It usually stays overnight in a food truck lot. It’s plugged in to a locked box. They pulled the cord till it came out of the plug and broke the lock box. Luckily and food truck called us and said our plug was laying on the ground. Just venting.
I have to roll the bug out of the garage from now on. It really stinks up the joint trying to tune it with the doors open. Not sure when, though.
Selling empanadas right now. 92 degrees out and a beautiful day. Selling tomorrow, too.
John S.

Post by John S. »

Got this turbo hat in the mail today. I already had a new one with no holes in it. No I don’t have to find someone to weld the pipes on. Win, win, I hope.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Nice! Your getting close!
John S.

Post by John S. »

Finished a non turbo project today. Scion seats, a real pain. I had the ingenious idea to go hybrid and use the lower 73 style beetle seat frame and weld it to the scion seats.
John S.

Post by John S. »

My cheap Amazon high pressure fuel pressure gauge never moves when I adjust my malpassi fuel regulator. It’s sits at around 10 psi. It does go back to zero when the pumps off. I would like to lower it for idle and normal driving. Not sure if it’s the reg or the gauge.
John S.

Post by John S. »

Been a little busy.