Using Iphone forAutotune

STOICH

Using Iphone forAutotune

Post by STOICH »

I have dabbled this question out there somewhere before, but didn't really get an answer I don't think- I have an Iphone 10R and a MS2. Driving around in the desert with a laptop doesn't seem like an idea that is going to last too long, I have heard that you can make the phone work with Autotune somehow. I have downloaded the app- Can anybody save me some research time with what hardware it takes to get the two to talk? - OR- I am also looking in to using an Ipad as a GPS- If I can make that do both jobs, I'd be elated!
Thanks for the help
Chip Birks

Re: Using Iphone forAutotune

Post by Chip Birks »

I don't think you'll have any luck auto tuning with apple products. MS droid actually allows you to tune, but manually, no auto feature. If you want to autotune, you will need tunerstudio. A windows tablet and a bluetooth setup is probably your best bet.
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

So checking back for updates on this one... Still wanting for autotune using a tablet that I can mount on the dash- Any Android tablet that allows Autotune yet? I now see there is Shadow dash, etc- do these allow auto tune to function? I have found conflicting info on the net- thanks for the help
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

You could also look into a Raspberry PI dash. Self made or bought. I have about $80 into one that I’m working on slowly.

It would give you all the things it sounds like your looking for including gps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

Schweg wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:08 pm You could also look into a Raspberry PI dash. Self made or bought. I have about $80 into one that I’m working on slowly.

That's an attention getter!... hadn't heard of this one- I'm seeing $350.00 - How does one come upon such a thing for $80?
- actually what I found has TS and other goodies pre-installed. Hadn't heard of Raspberry before
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

STOICH wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:33 pm
Schweg wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:08 pm You could also look into a Raspberry PI dash. Self made or bought. I have about $80 into one that I’m working on slowly.

That's an attention getter!... hadn't heard of this one- I'm seeing $350.00 - How does one come upon such a thing for $80?
- actually what I found has TS and other goodies pre-installed. Hadn't heard of Raspberry before
So that looks to be more than I am after- Can anybody confirm that the Surf 7 or Nexus 7 will or will not run Autotune?
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

I revisted this PI idea... way more info out about it now. Totally regretting I didn't see all that earlier :? Just ordered it up, thanks for the lead!
panel

Post by panel »

Got a link to the product you're buying ?
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

You can get it pre-built from here, $400.00 - https://pidashs.com/collections/pidash/products/pidash

I'm building it myself out of a few different ordered pieces, There are few different setups available depending on what Squirt you have, I opted for the PI 3 B as I use the older MS2 and I like that it has a dedicated HDMI port. There are a number of videos with some pretty good how-to stuff, such as this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWxHiaaI35s
The above link has a lot of setup info,

The setup I am building is more like in the following link so I can flush mount the monitor on the dash and have the PI located remote, under the seat next to the MS2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F52okrQbZoY

The parts list I opted for is below, I have been borrowing a Wide-band from a friend now for years, time to pony up I suppose... Yeah, I feel bad for going with Amazon.... got suckered in by convenience again rather than ordering from 5 different places

STOICH

Post by STOICH »

You happen to have a copy of the original NOOBS install? It appears to have been discontinued, I can't seem to find it
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

I do but on my computer I’ll be back to it Tuesday. PM Your email.
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

I downloaded the newest version of Raspberry, which is more like windows than DOS... I know nothing of Linux so the fault is mine. The Raspberry is working but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install Tunerstudio. I have downloaded and extracted both Windows version and Linux versions but I'm PI stupid at this point :?
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

You need Linux version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIrbKfECU2M&t=490s

The video will explain it easier then I can.

Though I will warn you get another card set up so you can hot swap made things way easier, honestly a desktop PI would make things more efficient.
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

This thing is driving me nuts! I can download the windows version of Pi and it works great, but won't run TunerStudio. I can't seem to get any other OS to work on the thing
STOICH

Post by STOICH »

Given that there are only about 900 options for operating systems for the PI, and they all work a bit differently, I have just about worn out YouTube but the thing now works and autostarts :) This thing is pretty cool. Thanks again for the tip