my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
-
my_medusa
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
don't buy expensive drillbits buy this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stahlwille-11 ... 483d72e933
its just an example they are more cheap normally.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stahlwille-11 ... 483d72e933
its just an example they are more cheap normally.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Cheers for the advice buddy, but my last set of bits cost me less than £5 
-
my_medusa
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
but in which steps. any carb guy should have those reamers. how many carbs i did in the last years and never bought a jet 
just soldering and reaming. from stock carbs to bike carb on my supercharged engines..stepless adjusting.
just soldering and reaming. from stock carbs to bike carb on my supercharged engines..stepless adjusting.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
This is the last carb I EVER want to work with
it's too technical for my brain!
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
I must say though 1 jet is £10 and that set of readers is £40 so it's cheaper than buying jets by far!
-
my_medusa
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
how i told this is an example i paid 18 euros for mine. they should be under 30 euros.
it's on you
it's on you
-
Clonebug
- Posts: 4763
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Post a picture of the jet.
It might be the same as another solex jet.
It might be the same as another solex jet.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!

It's about 4mm wide 6mm long
Best pic I have at the moment sorry
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Ha ha that looks aweful on here!
-
Clonebug
- Posts: 4763
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
That looks like a standard Solex main jet but I would bet money that the thread size is larger.
Measure the size of thread but I think the VW bus dual solex carbs have the same air corrector jets in them. I might have one here since I stripped one of those carbs and kept all the screws and jets.
Measure the size of thread but I think the VW bus dual solex carbs have the same air corrector jets in them. I might have one here since I stripped one of those carbs and kept all the screws and jets.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
It's smaller than my solex main jet. That picture is very deceiving the clear rubber makes the top look bigger than the thread when it isn't really. Sorry.
Anyways it's no problem if I drill it to 1.2 and it's too much I will drill it out a bit more, solder it up and redrill it back to 1.0 though I do think 1.2 will be spot on.
Anyways it's no problem if I drill it to 1.2 and it's too much I will drill it out a bit more, solder it up and redrill it back to 1.0 though I do think 1.2 will be spot on.
-
Clonebug
- Posts: 4763
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
All you can do is give it a try......
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
-
Boardpaul
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:08 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
So did you go for it?
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Not yet buddy won't have the time till next weekend, maybe even after that as a buddy needs me to fit a clutch for him!
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Soooo, started from scratch with the carb.
The jets are now:
Idle 55
Main 130
Air corrector 115 (had to sand down a 120 drill measure repeat etc)
It's amazing now. Afr goes into the 11.5 range on full boost in forth but is easy to drive and has some grunt now.
It did however lean right out on me twice. I let off for a bit and it was fine. From what the renault boys have said in the past with thier setups, If you in large the jets the needle valve can't supply enough fuel to keep the bowl full so it needs enlarging.
That would make sense as it only does it when I give it right foot for some time like in all gears till it nearly tops out.
So that's next on my list of to do's
The jets are now:
Idle 55
Main 130
Air corrector 115 (had to sand down a 120 drill measure repeat etc)
It's amazing now. Afr goes into the 11.5 range on full boost in forth but is easy to drive and has some grunt now.
It did however lean right out on me twice. I let off for a bit and it was fine. From what the renault boys have said in the past with thier setups, If you in large the jets the needle valve can't supply enough fuel to keep the bowl full so it needs enlarging.
That would make sense as it only does it when I give it right foot for some time like in all gears till it nearly tops out.
So that's next on my list of to do's