Need info on Omna Auto /Old Bug
- ALYKAT III
- Posts: 312
- Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 am
Need info on Omna Auto /Old Bug
Last summer friends of mine aquired a traier full of VW parts molds. There was a wide variety of molds. Widened standard fenders , dune buggy panels and fenders, Mulholland style parts, hoods, spoilers, a Van back 1/2, and more. Most interesting however, were the molds for the Omna Auto Old Bug Roadster and Old Bug Truck. I have been able to find very little about these, but this summer I'd like to start building at least one of them. The only problem is, I have NO information. The only thing we have is a not very clear copy of a photo of the front of the truck from an old magazine. I'm looking for ANYTHING to point me in the right direction. Photos, magazine articles, assembly instructions, ads..... Anything at all. Can anyone help me out ? Give me a call at 970-872-4804 or my email [email protected] Thanks, John
- david58
- Moderator
- Posts: 14100
- Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm
Re: Need info on Omna Auto /Old Bug
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
- ALYKAT III
- Posts: 312
- Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 am
Re: Need info on Omna Auto /Old Bug
Thanks David. In fact, those are the same parts my friends got. At least most of them. I was able to track down and speak to one member of the family who produced the Omna cars (very short run production, as they soon switched to replica Jag bodies) but he had nothing left from those days, and no hint of where to look. I'm still in high hopes that someone out there has either liturature, photos or a car and if I ask enough places, I'll be able to make contact.