Need RUBBER springplate bushing with 1 3/4" ID

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
schwim

Need RUBBER springplate bushing with 1 3/4" ID

Post by schwim »

Hello there, folks!

I've got a 59 pan that when stock, calls for these bushings. They are a 1 7/8 diameter. I purchased a set of Atomwerk drop plates that have a 1 3/4 OD snout so I need a set of bushings that fit the 59 swingplate pan and an inner diameter of 1 3/4.

Trying to use the stock rubber bushings introduce too much slop and allow the spring plate snouts to ride against the capture plate because it's not centered in the opening.

Does someone know of any part numbers that might work for me? I'm 4 sets in and it's getting very expensive to guess incorrectly.

To summarize, rubber bushings for an early swingplate pan with an ID of 1 3/4.

Thanks for your time!
V8Nate

Re: Need RUBBER springplate bushing with 1 3/4" ID

Post by V8Nate »

My 66 will be different but I used some black polyurethane bushings with my atomwerks spring plates and I had to buy 2 sets to get it correct
schwim

Re: Need RUBBER springplate bushing with 1 3/4

Post by schwim »

V8Nate wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:00 pm My 66 will be different but I used some black polyurethane bushings with my atomwerks spring plates and I had to buy 2 sets to get it correct
I've got the red versions of what I suspect is the same thing as yours but the I/D on them are really sloppy on the snout and we've had to remove just a ton of material to fit them. I'm sure 1 3/4 rubber bushings exist since VW made that at one time, I am just trying to find a part number that has that ID but will fit the pan's swingaxle bushing cups.
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

If you bought 2 sets of the 61-66 bushings and just use the outer's and trim the nubs off would that work?Image
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

FYI the black poly is impregnated with graphite so you don't get the annoying squeak after a while