Killer Flop-Stop Decamber Trick

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
vwo60

Re: Killer Flop-Stop Decamber Trick

Post by vwo60 »

I only run 1 degree of negative camber on my car, I have tried more but have always returned to 1 degree,I run 235/45/17 on the rear and the camber suits the car, the droop i run is about 3 degrees, it still spins the inside wheel but handles excellently. if you can make the limiting straps adjustable , as you said , then can fine tune them. also the strap should be kinder to the car as the spring plate hits the droop stop regally and makes a noise.
mk-Zero

Post by mk-Zero »

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to start at -3 and see how it goes. I'll probably end up raising the car for track use. Nice thing about having adjustable suspension front and rear. The good thing with mine is that I have an LSD, so the inner tire can be pretty unloaded and still get traction. Day and night from when I ran an open diff.
With the 12" straps I installed the other day I'm limited to about 0-deg camber at full droop. I believe that's more travel than I have in the other direction, and I see no signs I've bottomed out in compression. I still want to see if I can make the straps adjustable, I would probably rather start with about +1 deg of droop at the limit. I'll see what I can come up with, I've got some ideas.
risk

Post by risk »

Here is my poor mans setup.

I tried a set of the flop stoppers but they were not thick enough. This block is actually more like 5/16" thick and resulted in about 1* pos camber when suspension is unloaded.