Turbo/EFI Baja

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Schweg

Re: Turbo/EFI Baja

Post by Schweg »

I did, they are all the same Tuesday late and with mail being so slow I think Wednesday is realistic and I'm probably working 12 hour days this week. It has been fun but I think with work requirements being what they are the days of only having the VW are coming to a close. I will say that after almost a year straight of Daily Driving its only been the recent issues that have forced the issue. If I lived closer to work I think I wouldn't have been as quick to fold.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

That's why I have a modern FI system on my engine ....it's all available at the parts store.

The parts I abuse due to the quest for more power are not the fault of a 53 hp commuter car.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Having another car will allow you to spend time doing stuff to it much less stressful. It's not easy working on something you have to drive to work in the morning.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

buguy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 pm Having another car will allow you to spend time doing stuff to it much less stressful. It's not easy working on something you have to drive to work in the morning.
I used to have a beater 83 Nissan pickup.......gosh it was ugly...I paid $500.00 for it and drove it any time the weather or situation didn't allow me to drive the buggy.
Of course....it left me stranded once too......I actually sold it for more than I paid for it 10 yrs after I bought it....... :lol: :lol: 8)
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

I’m gonna buy a 2015 Honda Fit with like 60k miles.

Some thing I can put my young kids in and feel good about. And also allow me to play a bit more with VW with out having to rush to get it together.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Nice. Should get 300 mpg too!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I love my 97 Geo Tracker! Had it for going on 13 years now. Nice to have the 4wd and killer heat during the winter months, and it's not constantly trying to kill me when I drive it. Get in, start up, drive away. That said, my tracker has gotten the most recent engine rebuild of any of my other current fleet. 20000 miles and counting now though. It's even worse for hauling around the kiddos than the bug is though...
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

There is something very nice about not having to worry if your car will work. It adds a level of stress that seems oddly higher then it should be.

All that said we will see what this afternoon holds car wise I’m hoping to knock it out so it’s done and no longer a concern
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

Stripped the paint and rust off some valve covers I got in a parts deal and decided to weld in some brothers and a new turbo drain.

One of them welded in. I’m definitely not welder! But trying to get better.

Both sides welded and waiting for paint.

The final covers after some gloss black. I started on the breather box but ran out of time and energy to get it all the way done tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Are you having blow by issues currently, is it pushing oil out the from behind the pulley?
Schweg

Turbo/EFI Baja

Post by Schweg »

It is I think. Also this is a pre planed modification for higher boost levels.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Where are you planning to put the breather? I guess your pretty open and can go about anywhere.
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

buguy wrote:Where are you planning to put the breather? I guess your pretty open and can go about anywhere.
I plan to between the hinge mounts. it’s a box I have yet to finish welding up. Also need to grab some hose for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buguy

Post by buguy »

Don't forget to weld in a place for a little filter or something. I made one and used a filter from a V8 valve cover. Have to be sure there is a place for that air to go. I didn't end up using mine.
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

I planned to vent the box top.

And use a foam / wire mesh filter vent combo.

My welds looked like poop but I had fun making this.

Almost done just need hardware for the top maybe I’ll grab some tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk