Finally starting on a blow through Kadron motor

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
John S.

Re: Finally starting on a blow through Kadron motor

Post by John S. »

Cool stuff and loads of info. Keep it up
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Turbo buggy's rule!!

Good times!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
John S.

Post by John S. »

What brand is that pretty blow off valve?
buguy

Post by buguy »

That looks like it would be a blast!
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

John S. wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:45 am What brand is that pretty blow off valve?
I can't recall. I think it came from Amazon for about $100 give or take.
gbaker770

Post by gbaker770 »

John’s a sharp dude, he watched my LM-2 from the passenger seat when we were tuning.😂 That 1850lb street car went 6.70’s at 102 like a bracket car. Drove it everywhere. He was a very big help.
farmer

Post by farmer »

Good to see you got up and running. But be aware that even 650 outers, being about 30 lbs stronger @ 1" it will barely be enough for the Tcs10 cam at 6000 rpms and even just 9-10 psi boost. That cam needs A LOT of spring pressure.
mrbugalicious

Post by mrbugalicious »

Hi John, I started buying parts/ mocking up my first turbo kit last week! Only I have a couple questions.... what tube size did you use from the header to the turbo? how would you attach the boost pipes to an ICT carb / carb without screws to attach the filter. are dual 34 ict's big enough for a stock block 1600?
the lower the altitude the higher the attitude ^Aaron Kaufmann^
Coyotemutt

Post by Coyotemutt »

mrbugalicious wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:11 am Hi John, I started buying parts/ mocking up my first turbo kit last week! Only I have a couple questions.... what tube size did you use from the header to the turbo? how would you attach the boost pipes to an ICT carb / carb without screws to attach the filter. are dual 34 ict's big enough for a stock block 1600?
John is a busy dude from what I can tell. Might be a while before you get a reply. In my own build, I just used the collector tube on a trimill 1.5" baja header. It happened to be slightly smaller than the turbo inlet.

Look up the good ol' clonebug thread. He boosted through a single 34pict3 for a while with good results. Dual ict's should be just fine.

Boosting through solex carbs is a total PITA to tune, but its alot of fun if you like constantly messing with things.
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

For the K03 we measured the inlet diameter of the turbine (hot side) and came up with something very close to 1-7/8" of an inch so that's what we used. The mandrel bends were ordered from either Summit or www.MandrelBends.com, I can't recall which. Note 1.88" tube is also known as 1-7/8".

Post some pics of the ICT's and we can kick around some ideas on attachments. Someone will have an idea I'm sure.

What are the details of your engine? Is it 100% stock or is it somewhat built up?

As mentioned I work a lot and have way to many projects sucking up my time but I'll reply as much as possible. Plus there are plenty of other VERY SMART guys on this forum.
mrbugalicious

Post by mrbugalicious »

this is my mock up engine

[IMG_3995.HEIC] IMG_3995.HEIC[/img]
the engine it will go into when finished

the empi 34 ict carbs

enige itself is 100% stock
I was planning on:
K03S -053
oil feed from an CSP oil pump cover with feed for full flow, oil return to right valve cover, stock fuel pump with boost reference, D1 spec pretty 35mmblow off valve, non brand boost controller

i want to run about 7 psi of boost
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mrbugalicious on Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

Your images did not show up. Not sure why so check that.

No need to run the oil feed the way you describe. You can simply add a T fitting where the oil pressure sensor is and get oil from there.
Returning oil to valve cover works well, just make sure you can get it on and off for valve adjustments.
Modded stock pump works awesome, just make sure to close off the vent hole and if necessary the ends of the pivot shaft. I also advise adding an o-ring to the pushrod.

What are you doing for ignition?

EDIT: Pics in prior post visible now.
Last edited by Lo Cash John on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrbugalicious

Post by mrbugalicious »

Lo Cash John wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 am Your images did not show up. Not sure why so check that.

What are you doing for ignition?
posted the pics in my last post, I was thinking for ignition either an 123 bluetooth or a CSP pacemaker usb/bluetooth.
csp is the easiest to get quality parts from as I live in Europe
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Indeed, don't take oil from the pump.

Ingition tuning will be as important as fuel tuning!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Ignition tuning will be dependent on intake temps. At 7 lbs. and 90 deg F. inlet temps you will see around 154 degrees F. boosted intake temps without any cooling.

That's getting up there and will give serious detonation without retarding ignition to around 20-22 degrees depending on the engine of course.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.