So here's the new project...

I'm starting with a pretty clean '73 Standard. I got a great deal because the owner thought the engine was siezed - it wasn't. I had it running within 20 minutes of getting it home. He adjusted the valves and forgot the distributor was 180* off, so everything was very loose. So loose that a pushrod came out from under the rocker arm and made one hell of a lot of noise. He shut it off and thought the motor was toast.

I drove it around for a couple of weeks getting to know the new car and picking up new parts. I have a built engine from my old bus that I will be using, so I traded the engine for a bunch of new parts.

Since the car has a lowered beam, I picked up a good German one and added some adjusters. I got some ball joint spindles from Tweeds for an add'l 3-1/2" of lift, and some disc brakes. All new ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, etc. for the front. I'll be using the hook/pin limit system.
For the rear, new 27mm torsion bars, dual spring plates, bushings and a new pro-street tranny (4.12), padded tranny straps, a set of 944 cv's/axles and thing stub axles. Tires are from PepBoys - Definity Dakota M/T, 235/75-15 on 4.5" rims.
The engine is a 2007cc that had Kadron's while in my bus, but they were sold in favor of a single 44 Weber set-up. I still have some work to do before it's ready to fire up. I need a new manifold that has heat all the way to the carb. I have 1.5" Kymco header and muffler made for a Thing. It tucks up much higher than the type 1 stuff, but will need a little "clearancing" of the apron to fit. Also, heat risers aren't used on exhausts larger than stock, so I get to fab that as well. If that isn't enough, I'm going to make it harder on myself by changing the locations of the tubes to get the most heat (more to follow).
Not sure how the interior will end up, but there will be a cage. I would like to use aluminum panels and new seats, but I don't want to give up the glove box, plus the dash vents look like crap without the padding (I want everything to remain functional). I don't even need to be thinking of that right now.
I'll build some skid plates that come up to the bumper and also a full roof rack.
I almost forgot...STF stickers for the windows!
