Seat options

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
H2OSB

Seat options

Post by H2OSB »

Greetings--

I'm considering what seat upgrade options I have for my '74 Super. I absolutely detest any seat where the pair touches in the middle. I want to have access to the parking brake lever most of all, but perhaps the heater levers if I ever decide to run heat. I just sold my other Super into which I had installed Miata seats. They were a vast improvement over stock seats, but I'm thinking I want something a bit more supportive (I autocrossed the car and had no issues, but I still like more side support) and easier to install. Procar offers a big variety, but it's so difficult to decide by just looking at the pic of an individual seat sitting by itself.

Any suggestion based upon my criteria? I don't particularly want full on, fixed back race seats, as my wife needs to be able to get in and she's pushing 50. Though spry, she won't tolerate having climb in,and I want to have access to the back seat.

H2OSB
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Seat options

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

The old way to do it would be to get the critical dimensions such as the mounting dimensions you have to use, the width, height of the cushion and to the back height you want then take them in hand and head down to the salvage yard to sit on a few of the ones they have for sale. The dimensions would also be needed for any you bought on line also.

Lee