Just another t4 turbo

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

I will love to have one of those for Xmas.

E
metzger

Post by metzger »

Howdy guys.Has planed to put the car this weekend but i found out that my oilpump is damaged.The axle of the pauterpump have a crack were the hilbornpump is suposed too be.There is also a needlebearing and a endsealing for the pumphousing so i cant use that axle.Called the guy i baught it from and he sent me a "new one".It turned out too be repared but it`s not for my pump anyway.Will try too reach Pauter today and hope it doesn`t cost a fortune cause i`m starting to run out of money now.Dont know if i will finnish it or leave it untill next sommer. :cry:
metzger

Post by metzger »

Howdy guys.Has planed to put the engine in the car this weekend but i found out that my oilpump is damaged.The axle of the pauterpump have a crack were the hilbornpump is suposed too be.There is also a needlebearing and a endsealing for the pumphousing so i cant use that axle.Called the guy i baught it from and he sent me a "new one".It turned out too be repared but it`s not for my pump anyway.Will try too reach Pauter today and hope it doesn`t cost a fortune cause i`m starting to run out of money now.Dont know if i will finnish it or leave it untill next sommer. :cry:
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

metzger wrote:Howdy guys.Has planed to put the engine in the car this weekend but i found out that my oilpump is damaged.The axle of the pauterpump have a crack were the hilbornpump is suposed too be.There is also a needlebearing and a endsealing for the pumphousing so i cant use that axle.Called the guy i baught it from and he sent me a "new one".It turned out too be repared but it`s not for my pump anyway.Will try too reach Pauter today and hope it doesn`t cost a fortune cause i`m starting to run out of money now.Dont know if i will finnish it or leave it untill next sommer. :cry:
Damn :(

drysumpspumps ain't cheap :(
metzger

Post by metzger »

The pump is ok Jonas.It`s just the axle that is broken.Spoke to Pauter on friday and they needed a week to send me a new one and 44dollars plus shipping.The problem was that someone had probarbly used some tool (not the right one)to turn it over.Hopefoly i`l get it this week.
metzger

Post by metzger »

Hi there.Lost a little inspiration for a while,but now im back with some new pics. 8) http://ghiaracing.se/original/06-09-12/ ... 9-12-3.jpg
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

metzger wrote:Hi there.Lost a little inspiration for a while,but now im back with some new pics. 8) http://ghiaracing.se/original/06-09-12/ ... 9-12-3.jpg
I hope your done in time for dynoday (see sclf for time and date ;) )

Looks wonderful! 8) Keep it coming
Wally

Post by Wally »

You suck the sump from two extended sump plates? Why in two locations?
Why not use the internal sucking tube?

Thanks,
Walter
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
metzger

Post by metzger »

Hi Wally.Have seen something simular oil-sutup like mine before.Frallan Reichel have used his setup with good results for some years now.So i made it like his.I`m no engine-expert so i look at others or ask if i dont know myself.Perhaps there is a better way to do it???Image
metzger

Post by metzger »

This is his setup.Hope you dont mind that i used your pic Frallan.Image
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

bump.
Any updates?
func412

Post by func412 »

metzger wrote: I`m no engine-expert
Looking to the picture makes me disagree. But I´m not engine expert either.

Nice looking work.
metzger

Post by metzger »

:oops: Sorry guys.Have no more good exquses for not getting the motor finnished.My mother told me when i was little,that you must be honest to other people.So here`s the truth guys.I AM LAZY!!!Dam`n that was hard to write.I was at dynoday some weekends ago and " almost "got my ass kicked because i showed up whith no car.My new deadline is before christmas .(My mothers wise words are still clear to me.DONT TELL LIES) :wink:
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

metzger wrote::oops: Sorry guys.Have no more good exquses for not getting the motor finnished.My mother told me when i was little,that you must be honest to other people.So here`s the truth guys.I AM LAZY!!!Dam`n that was hard to write.I was at dynoday some weekends ago and " almost "got my ass kicked because i showed up whith no car.My new deadline is before christmas .(My mothers wise words are still clear to me.DONT TELL LIES) :wink:
Yeah, next time I bring my baseball bat :lol:
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

Metzger...get off your lazy butt!. LOL!. What kind of power do you think you'll have to the wheels?. How heavy is your Ghia?.

Thanks,

E.

Jonas, leave the bat at home. BTW, don't tell me you guys play baseball out there?.