My Massive day

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

My Massive day

Post by Plastermaster »

Hi everyone, I just got home from the local VW show today and went for a ride in Davygravy's new 2270 C. I want to publicly thank Dave for the treat, since for years all I could do was wonder what it would be like to have one of my own. Now I wonder how I ever lived without one! Jakes work is impecably tight. The DTM is one Quality piece of work. You can rev the engine up to 6K or so and standing back behind it nothing shakes. The engine operates incredibly smooth. It purrs at idle and snarls up to 6K and purrs some more. I have about 80 hp in my T1, and this thing drives like mine does in 1 gear lower, until you get into 4th and then it just keeps going...Really, you can punch it in 4th and it moves like mine in 3rd. Again, Thanks Dave. As someone planning to buy one of these the ride was really helpful to someone not having much experience with performance engines. And Thanks to Jake for making it all possible 8)

Ron
User avatar
davygrvy
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by davygrvy »

The show was a blast. It was great to meet you and share my car.

Time for me to catch-up on the sleep I've missed.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

WOW, thats great to hear. Davy was pushed for time, and that sometimes creates negative results when a big project is under way..

I am glad he got it in, and all up and going...
User avatar
davygrvy
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by davygrvy »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:WOW, thats great to hear. Davy was pushed for time, and that sometimes creates negative results when a big project is under way..

I am glad he got it in, and all up and going...
Yes, that's why I was a nervous wreck @ the show... Then my wife fed me and I was better and the diareah stopped..

oops.. overshare..
User avatar
davygrvy
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by davygrvy »

Just to add in, the bonnet had 120lbs of sand bags, a floorjack and a fullsize spare on a chromie. Behind my seat was another spare on a chromie along with all my portable tools (about 50 lbs there). So that might be 1 1/2 people extra weight.

Sheitt.. that's a zippie motor.
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

I don't know if you caught it or not Dave, but at one point the back end did a little sideways thingy. 8) even with all that weight...200 lbs of cargo and about 300lbs of "us"

Ron
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Got torque???

You should see what 200 ft/lbs will do.
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

I might add, Dave didn't even dump on the clutch. This was just laying into it with the gas!

Ron
User avatar
davygrvy
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by davygrvy »

hehe.. How about that second gear downshift I did from highway speed down the off-ramp? All music to me. :twisted:
Locked