Figure out photo posting and kill off facething

Piledriver

Figure out photo posting and kill off facething

Post by Piledriver »

The biggest thing Faceb$$k has over traditional forums is the ability to make posting photos and keeping them with the related text frictionless.
(the ability to SPAM countless folks who may know someone who knows someone who knows of you is not a user feature)
The inability for format your text or even have a line feed is insufferable for any technical discussion, rendering it only somewhat useful to sell stuff.

The STF "lost" all the uploaded pics over years multiple times in the past due to various reasons, rendering many great threads dead or at least badly wounded...and the BBS software made posting pics a bit of a pita, and cannot decide which way is "up" all too frequently(no matter what you do) ... also no way to resize pics as you post. (I know, some folks cant fully use their phone)

TOS (thesamba) has a image upload forum section, and you just put links to the pics inline in the text... that always worked a lot better, but coming up on 2024 there must be a better way.

I'm not going to argue that I'm not crazy, but am I right?
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Figure out photo posting and kill off facething

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

On this forum, not in this upper section posting pix from your computer is fairly easy.

First is go to "POST REPLY"

Then pick "ATTACHMENTS."

Then "FILES"

Then "ADD FILES". Pick the photo (one only) and then follow instructions. To add more it is one at a time in the same "POST REPLY".

You also can add photos after the posting of the first photos also.

I hope this helps.

Lee
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Olfog, I've been here ~20 years. I've posted plenty of photos here.

You both miss and make my point.

I'm talking about not having the pictures disappear regularly, and making uploading with one or two clicks a thing.
...that and maybe having some way to make the pictures right side up.
Last edited by Piledriver on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce.m

Post by Bruce.m »

Tapatalk app enables fairly simple method to upload a photo (to the apps server!) and post the link in the middle of your text.

However. Tapatalk is so annoying because it runs god knows what in the background and the phone get hot plus starts to hang / lag / etc.

Maybe it’s doing some cheeky crypto mining while you surf the forums?

For another forum, they have ditched support for Tapatalk & enabled access via “fora” app instead
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Using an app is not out of the question, but using the apps server for picture storage raises serious memories of what happened when photobucket took the internet hostage upon revising their business model.

Tried tapatalk, couldn't get it off my phone fast enough.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I wasn't replying to photos on the upper part but the lower section on subjects. Sorry if it came off that way. Alexa on my computer has screwed things up so bad that posting here is difficult for me to do.

On another (Buggy Talk) site I had my pix taken and they got into my computer and took them and others (Photobucket) because I wouldn't pay a fee I didn't know about (or it was a new thing).

Lee.

I just double checked and Buggy Talk is now an Amish thing not a dune buggy thing as it was back in the '90's (I think. It was back when I started doing buggies and computers).
AdminSteve
Site Admin

Post by AdminSteve »

The disappearing photos was not really a shoptalk problem as much as a the host of the photos disappearing. now all photos are upload to this server so they will go anywhere the forum goes. Yes it sucks uploading photos but this wasn't designed for photos it was strictly a thread app the photos were added in later versions and for the times it was simple.

AdminSteve 8)
S&S Aircooled Parts and Accessories
645 S State College Blvd, Unit E
Fullerton, CA 92831
www.ssaircooled.com
(714)886-7636 Phone
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Yeah, Photobucket got a hold of me about paying (I didn't know that it was in the program) so when I didn't give them the Billion dollars they wanted... boom they were gone out of my computer with one left with the Photobucket logo imbedded.

Buggy Talk was a good start then about the same time it was closing down I was invited to here where I have stayed on. I hope this one goes on for a long time as there is a lot of good information posted here.

Lee