honda vfr bodies

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
pantswagen
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:16 am

honda vfr bodies

Post by pantswagen »

Image

-there already split
-cable linkage = good

-fuel rail already done = goood

-?
User avatar
slowtwitch
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 am

Post by slowtwitch »

I'm going to try them on a stock 1.7 type 4 build that I have in the wings. Here's what I have so far...

Image


Image

pete
User avatar
fl_buggy
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by fl_buggy »

The bores look pretty close. How close are they? Any stumbling blocks you've found so far?
User avatar
findog78
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:01 am

Post by findog78 »

I need a pair of these too!!! Let me know if anyone has some sitting.


Image
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

How big are those butterflys?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
User avatar
slowtwitch
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 am

Post by slowtwitch »

Piledriver wrote:How big are those butterflys?
They are 36mm and the spacing, center to center, is 90mm.

pete
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

slowtwitch wrote:
Piledriver wrote:How big are those butterflys?
They are 36mm and the spacing, center to center, is 90mm.

pete
Should work great on a mild 1.7-2.0.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
pploco
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by pploco »

Resurrecting an older post here. What "honda" are these found on?
User avatar
fl_buggy
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by fl_buggy »

VFR. I know there was a VFR 750, not sure if there were other sizes made anywhere else. Its a V4 motor which is convenient for our use of the TB's.
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

VFR, AKA Honda Interceptor, 750 and 800, pretty sure the 800s were all EFI.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
pploco
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by pploco »

Pile are you a freeBSD guy?
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

pploco wrote:Pile are you a freeBSD guy?
Na, Linux since ~1994, (On my Amiga3000 `till ~97)

I always set up spare partitions to play, but whenever I try any *BSD it's too much like going to France. (so to speak, nothing wrong with France, I 'd actually love to visit, blablabla)

I DID run NetBSD 1.0 back in the day for awhile as it had decent support for my A2410 video card, but too much of the software I needed wasn't available back then, and ~all the development was done on Linux... Need Latest version==Run Linux or port it yourself...
(WHY wasn't Pi declared in the BSD libc? I always hated that trivial annoyance...(Pre autoconfig IIRC))

Then RH5 shipped and I lived close to a Frys...

I have settled on running Mandriva for the last few years. Generally bullet proof as a desktop and media center/etc box, no RPM hell, fast and stable.
(decent as a server box too, with Webmin and freinds, OTOH so is ~every other flavor of Unix)

I'm a glorified mechanic now and haven't done any programing in years, sucked at it anyway.

Occasionally have to fix Win boxen, which perversely frequently is best attacked using a Knoppix CD...
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
pploco
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by pploco »

Sortof a threadjack...but oh well.

Thats quite the paradigm shift for you - programmer to mechanic. I'm a wannabe mechanic posing as a network engineer by day. I too love the penguin!
John_S
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:47 am

Post by John_S »

Image

cbr900 tb's on a 2276cc , i split them had a new spindle made , even kept the injectors
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

Slick!
How big are the butterflies, and what did you do to adapt to the Weber/Dell manifolds?

On a 2.3 ... ~42mm or larger?

(Suppose 40s would work to ~6Kish)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Post Reply