My old red bug..

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
jonas n

My old red bug..

Post by jonas n »

Here´s a little tread about my old 1303 turbo:)

It started back in 1999 when i bought a complete 1700cc type4 from a friend, complete with upright cooling. I dropped the engine in the car using an old D-jetronic fuelinjection from type 3..
The year after i bought a 2,0 type4 from another friend! When i came to pick the engin up he showed me a turbo from an old Saab... He included the turbo in the price of the engine :D I just had to get that engine turbocharged, so i had to look for some more parts to get it working.. The fuelinjection was replaced for an Opel L-jetronic

The intercooler came from an old saab and i made an aluminium scoop to direct the air to it. The turbo was a garrett t25 from saab, the throttlebody came of a saab(i live in the town where saab i buildt :wink: ) and the crankshaft pulley came of a lawnmover:D

Here´s a picture from "kinnekulle ring" our local racetrack:)

I´ll continue the tread tomorrow;)
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

I can see the pink wounderbaum :lol:
Class 11 streeter

Post by Class 11 streeter »

jonas (n), how much boost did the T-25 give?

Was the intercooler worth the extra pipe? (I have been told yes, but with beetle engine space....... :shock: )
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
Sandeep

Post by Sandeep »

12 pounds of potatoes stuffed into a 10 pound sack .. SWEEET !!

Great job.

Sandeep
jonas n

Post by jonas n »

hehe i dont know if that crappy intercooler did any good...but i got it for free;) the t25 gave about 0,9bar of boost..
jonas n

Post by jonas n »

Here´s some pics of the next phase of the car.. I replaced the intercooler with a brand new from saab 9-3 aero:) i also painted the engine:O

I had soo mutch fun with this car:) It just keept going and going, race after race without any problems.. and of course i used it as my daily driver all summer. I dynoed it once to 152hp / 230nm
jonas n

Post by jonas n »

Here i´m at a local trackday!

At the end of the summer me and my brother came up with the thoughts if we could find any week links of our cars;) I found ot that the transmission cracked at the bottom...
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

This car will probably be running before mine do if I keep up the speed I got now :oops:
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I LOVE the dual oil catch tanks ;-)

I've been considering a 1L Mountain Dew bottle myself, for the big cap opening.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.