Just another t4 turbo

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
Marty

Post by Marty »

metzger wrote::?: Question for you .Since i have not done the exhaust from turbo and wastegate yet i wonder,should i run the wastegate out in the free air or connect it with the turbopipe?Have no clearense issues to deal with. :?
Either way is fine. There is no performance advantage to either method.
However - if you run the wastegate outlet into the turbo exhaust downpipe, the wastegate has better support of its weight and will be less prone to cracking at the wastegate inlet flange connection. :wink:
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Marty wrote:
metzger wrote::?: Question for you .Since i have not done the exhaust from turbo and wastegate yet i wonder,should i run the wastegate out in the free air or connect it with the turbopipe?Have no clearense issues to deal with. :?
However - if you run the wastegate outlet into the turbo exhaust downpipe, the wastegate has better support of its weight and will be less prone to cracking at the wastegate inlet flange connection. :wink:
Can't the gases from the wastegate interrupt the gases from the turbine if it connects to close and in a too steap angle?
Marty

Post by Marty »

jonas_linder wrote:
Marty wrote:
Can't the gases from the wastegate interrupt the gases from the turbine if it connects to close and in a too steap angle?
NO
metzger

Post by metzger »

:D Thanks for the positive response.It`s always fun when your work is"liked" by others.There will probarbly be alot going on in the next 2 weeks and i can update if you guys are interested 8)
hometownwesty

Post by hometownwesty »

metzger wrote:... and i can update if you guys are interested 8)
I have to give you a big fat YES on that one.
I'm certainly interested!
metzger

Post by metzger »

:lol: My header is finaly welded and looks like a Gonzofamily group-hug 8) Have made the pushrodtubes longer and the "oilevacuationcups" are also done.It`s asemblytime.Next week the engine is going into the car.Have booked time for pressing all the hooses (drysump)on monday 24 when i start my vacation.Since i have trubble to post pics,have a look
at my hompage under raceghia.Have a nice weekend everyone.

http://ghiaracing.se/
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Looks great! Keep it coming :) Looking forward seeing in real life :)

Are you going to johannes on dynoday?!
dstar

Post by dstar »

Here ya go!

Don
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Naaa, I think this is it ;)

dstar

Post by dstar »

That one doesn't look like a Gonzo group hug, it is SWEET!
:twisted:

Anyone know anyone around the Ramstein/Landstuhl area with a T4?

Don
metzger

Post by metzger »

What date is it at Johannes....Jonas?I`m realy looking forward too turn the key on this one.I`ll put in some good workhours tomorrow :wink:
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

metzger wrote:What date is it at Johannes....Jonas?I`m realy looking forward too turn the key on this one.I`ll put in some good workhours tomorrow :wink:
Don't know the exact date but it's after summer, I think october last year :?
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

I love the looks of that header. This flanges all around. Will that come up from in front or behind the engine?

E
metzger

Post by metzger »

It comes up behind cyl 3.Try to post a pic later today.
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

I think this is a mockup picture !??!

:wink: :wink: