*Update* turbotype4

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I was thinking of using the heavier pipe JUST for the collector.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

So.. I haven't updated in a while :roll:

The engine has been built and the car has been cut a little more :twisted:

Here is a pic from todays work taken by my mother!

The intercooler is laying on top of the fanhousing! The firewall has been cut at the top and I gained alot more access from inside!

Sorry for not giving a more detailed pic than this, my mother was busy taking pictures of me instead of the car :oops:

Feel free to ask!

More pictures tomorrow ;)
Last edited by jonas_linder on Sat May 20, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

Good stuff Jonas! I see that you've done a T1 (Cali style) conversion like mine. I noticed that you seem to be running an 8 injector set up?. Can you provide any more info on that?. Maybe some pics of your intake manifolds?. They look good!!

Here's my conversion. I've thought about turboing this conversion (1911) before I do my 2.6ltr motor.

jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Eddie Brown wrote:Good stuff Jonas! I see that you've done a T1 (Cali style) conversion like mine. I noticed that you seem to be running an 8 injector set up?. Can you provide any more info on that?. Maybe some pics of your intake manifolds?. They look good!!
Yes, the stock coolings looks bad in a bug!

That is my homemade intakes! Lasercut flanges, 1-5/8 runners, 3" plenum and the bend on top is 2.5"!

That is 2 saab9000turbo injectors/cylinder! They are 286cc and I'm running them in MS in staged mode! So, in low revs/no boost only the injector nearest the head is squirting! The second injector is a backup!

This way I get a nice resultion and good idle and have that extra that is needed sometimes 8)

That is the only picture of that one ready.. here is the engine in the mockupstage:

Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

jonas_linder wrote:
Eddie Brown wrote:Good stuff Jonas! I see that you've done a T1 (Cali style) conversion like mine. I noticed that you seem to be running an 8 injector set up?. Can you provide any more info on that?. Maybe some pics of your intake manifolds?. They look good!!
Yes, the stock coolings looks bad in a bug!

That is my homemade intakes! Lasercut flanges, 1-5/8 runners, 3" plenum and the bend on top is 2.5"!

That is 2 saab9000turbo injectors/cylinder! They are 286cc and I'm running them in MS in staged mode! So, in low revs/no boost only the injector nearest the head is squirting! The second injector is a backup!

This way I get a nice resultion and good idle and have that extra that is needed sometimes 8)

That is the only picture of that one ready.. here is the engine in the mockupstage:

Thanks for the pics Jonas!. That's just an example of what can be accomplished when we use our imagination. You just gave me a ton of ideas. Keep the pictures coming!

Good luck.

Eddie.
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Thanks, Eddie!

I like thinking outside the box! I think to much... :?
slowtwitch

Post by slowtwitch »

Hi Jonas,

Just want to say thanks for posting your progress. Your work has given me some great ideas and inspiration :D I look forward to your post. Keep up the great work.

pete
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

I hate my job!! My day ends at 18:15 and I get to the garage at 19:15.... when you start to get something done you have to quit :(

Okay.. here is todays update!

Trialfitted the exhaust to see that it really fitted the way it did when I made it :roll: and to my big suprise.. it did :D

Took all the stuff of again, taking down the engine to do the final work on it prior to installation!

Here is todays pictures!

For eddie :wink: :

It's alot of room :roll:

Inside view:

A better picture from the back!
Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

Cool Jonas! what are your plans for a throttle body?. Are you going to inter cool or charge cool?. Neat stuff. I'm sure we'll ask you more questions along the way...

Eddie.

PS. I forgot to ask about those velocity stacks in the intake system. How did you come up with the concept of those in there?. Inquiring minds need to know :)
Can Drive Soon

Post by Can Drive Soon »

You said something about re doing them in stainless.. See if you could rent a TIG welder, they do a very good job as looks and weld quality, takes moer time thought but like a popular equation goes time=money. Usually you get what you pay for. Just tossing in an idea.
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

Eddie Brown wrote:Cool Jonas! what are your plans for a throttle body?. Are you going to inter cool or charge cool?. Neat stuff. I'm sure we'll ask you more questions along the way...

Eddie.

PS. I forgot to ask about those velocity stacks in the intake system. How did you come up with the concept of those in there?. Inquiring minds need to know :)
The intake will look the same on the other side.. connected over the generator. From the middle there will be a bend under the generator and the throttlebody will be where the red "box" is on the picture..

It will be intercooled.. it lies on top of the fanshroud (blue box!)

About the velocitystacks.. I traded them for a TB with a friend! We have had many discussions about intakes and he stol my idéa( :roll: :wink: ) Anyway.. velocitystacks is good for flow!!

Here is two links to his typ3 fastback turbo!!

SORRY SOMEONE HACKED THE SITE AND MADE THIS LINKS WORTHLESS :cry:

http://www.vwairheads.org/e107_plugins/ ... albumId=70

http://www.vwairheads.org/forum_viewtopic.php?11.4976

SORRY SOMEONE HACKED THE SITE AND MADE THIS LINKS WORTHLESS :cry:

Ignore the language on the second link and press "nästa" (next in swedish!) to see the next page

Enjoy ! ;)
Can Drive Soon wrote:You said something about re doing them in stainless.. See if you could rent a TIG welder, they do a very good job as looks and weld quality, takes moer time thought but like a popular equation goes time=money. Usually you get what you pay for. Just tossing in an idea.
Hmm.. I don't think I mentioned stainless ? but maybe I have :D Anyway! ;)

TIGwelding would be best, but I have no TIGexperience and no TIGwelder! This works great, look on the above links!
Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
snader

Post by snader »

hello, what kind of camshaft are you going to use??

gr.sander
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

WEB#73
- web #73
- reworked heads with finishing touches by racing green motorsports( http://www.racing-green.com/eng/index.html )
- scat deepsump, schadek 30mm oilpump
- 1-1/2 header with stub-pipes, all flanges lasercut
- upright cooling, cali style
- Homemade intake system.
- MegaSquirtNExtra with 2 injectors per port, staged
- Mitsu. TD04HL-15t
From my other thread...
snader

Post by snader »

keep up the good work!!

gr.sander
badbug

2.0l t4

Post by badbug »

Hi Jonas,
How much power do you think you will make.