hubs for different bolt patterns....

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
FuriousGeorge

hubs for different bolt patterns....

Post by FuriousGeorge »

id like to put some chevy bolt pattern rims on my 73 bug, what r my options BESIDES adapter kits?
Thanks Matt
Kubel Nick

Post by Kubel Nick »

Custom drilled drums/discs, only other option besides adapters, and safer too.

Well not really your only option, you could somehow adapt some sort of Chevy brakes to fint your VW. Kind of like using 944 suspensions as an upgrade conversion swap. Or get some shop that would modify the Chevy rims into VW patterns. But of course that'll cost an arm and a couple legs so not really worth it and adapters would probably be safer to use??

Post by Guest »

First, check the back spacing of the rim you want to use, to see if it will actually work. (clear fenders and such)
Then the brakes of the car would need to clear the wheel.
DO NOT mismatch the brakes, it will cause problems. There is a ratio to the brakes from the front to the rear, and if that is not kept within reason, the car will not work the way you want.
If the wheels are a somewhat normal size, then the adapters will work and hold up. However, I've seen guys pull the studs through the drums that were redrilled due to the way they drive, so the best advice is to not get carried away with the driving.
Just remember, you can always break anything if you try hard enough! :shock: