Avoid Autoatlanta.com for parts

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
Vgonman

Avoid Autoatlanta.com for parts

Post by Vgonman »

In Febuary, I bid on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dl ... 2404428809 and won it..it was a somple hose kit for a d jet engine. Claimed it was colorful, etc. I thought it would be perfect for the detailing of my engine bay, expecting something to the effect of the OE red, green, and gray vacuum lines......instead, i get a sack of cut gray vacuum hose, and no diagram as advertised, of where to put what. Needless to say, I complained to them.

Here is what they said.

Please do not threaten us, as that will get you nowhere. You will find
this out as you age. Just call and we will resolve. 770 427 2844 You are
a fellow 914 owner and this is 914 world headquarters. We need to party
together not trash each other.

> From: "Jason Schmidt" <[email protected]>
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:43:32 -0500
> To: "George Hussey" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Fw: Question for seller -- Item #2404428809
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 5:11 PM
> Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2404428809
>
>
>> Hello, I won this and recieved no "cartoon" as to show what went
> where.........also was not colorful at all. All hoses same color except a
> few green ones. please reply or will be forced to leave negative feedback
> (although I really just want it resolved!)
>> --------------------

So, I call. No one bothers to return my call. I call again. Same result. So, I email this George Hussey, and ask him to re-read my request.......nothing threatening in there! I just want some results. He emailed me back and said to return for a refund. I did this, one month ago. Guess what? No refund ever issued. Emailed a dozen times, no response. Leave negative feedback on ebay, guess what.I get a response

Complaint: Offered full refund, customer still unhappy, VERY impatient!

Impatient after all that time. Go figure. I suppose it is because I just bought $40 worth of stuff and not $4000. Avoid them if you can.........
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

I quit doing business with them when I still lived in Atlanta. Nothing has changed obviously. They suck and have poor manners and attitude. For gods sake..don't let them find out you are working on a 412 instead of a 914. They hung up. They have missed out on many thousands of dollars of my business. Ray
Vgonman

Post by Vgonman »

What sucks with it all is I leave a truthful description on ebay feedback, and they retaliate by leaving the same..........regardless, i still did not get a refund so either way I was screwed. Bunch of real jerks. Attitude probably the same whether you buy $50 or $5000 worth of stuff...........probably deemed themselves "World 914 headquarters" sililar to calling themselves "self-proclaimed geniuses"
Rouser914S

Post by Rouser914S »

Give AA the heave-ho; go to Pelican Parts.

My own experiences are that they have NEVER screwed up my order, or have EVER been impolite if I had a question or concern.

AA doesn't need your money/business; if they did, they would've bent over backwards, rather than bending YOU over.

Post by Guest »

Gosh, Wayne and Dave are sure quiet... That must be hard.
Vgonman

Post by Vgonman »

i just sent auto atlanta a link to this discussion...........be interesting to se if that helps them decide to refund my money..............sort of doubt it. That is fine with me.i know a guy that has bought a few thousand in parts locally ( i installed the stuff for him) I will be sure to point him to pelican parts, where i too have had good service in the past.
wellington

Post by wellington »

They definately have an attitude. I have a friend with a 914 and swears to never deal with them again after his first exposure. Send an e-bay feedback with this link and ask them to show proof of refund. (credit card credit, debit card or check issue.)
Vgonman

Post by Vgonman »

Good idea.I will contact ebay and tell them of my dilemna (hopefully they will do something) and perhaps put some sort of indicator on their account............
metropoj

Post by metropoj »

Ah the AA Attitude still exists eh ?

My cousin had a customer who bought a "Freshly restored" 914 that was in "Mint" condition, paid 6k U.S. about 10 years ago, only to find out the cheapest parts were used, the inner rot around the battery tray was fiberglassed over ( and undercoated ) and the trailing arm was ready to give on one side ....

It cost the customer another 3k to fix it with proper welding, parts etc ...

The sooner these guys are out of business the better ..... it gives the 914 name a bad rap ...
Vgonman

Post by Vgonman »

here is the latest reply from Geoirge Hussey at auto atlanta.......still no reference to my refund..............

"We have a whiner list to which you have been added! It includes many of
your mates with nothing better to do than to whine on the web. Too bad that
you do not have a 914 that you could be spending the same time repairing.
Our vacuum line set is nothing but the highest quality German vacuum
lines. These are specifically cut for each sized engine and are a perfect
fit. The fact that they are not as colorful as you fashion conscious silly
expected is simply a decision that Continental (the original equipment
manufacturer) made several years ago. It is beyond our control and frankly
not worth complaining about. (complain when the factory discontinues parts.)
I would suggest that in the future if you can round up a few more types
like you please tell them not to call here We have little time for those
types as we are spending our time with the true 914 enthusiasts."

Amazing, ain't it?
Bleyseng

Post by Bleyseng »

Cross post this to the BBS at www.914club.com for fun!

You whiner!
Geoff
metropoj

Post by metropoj »

Too bad he misspells his own name ...

George Hustler is more like it .....
Vgonman

Post by Vgonman »

I believe that their definition of whiner is any one that does not accept the absolute fact that they are God and I am not.......
wellington

Post by wellington »

Bad publicity can cost a lot. Put this posting on the 914 site as well and any other forum catering to 914s. Over 40$ THEY ARE ASS HOLES. Jake Raby does 914s, call him next time.
dr914

automobile atlanta 914 World Headquarters

Post by dr914 »

I encourage any one of you to call me personally if any of you are able to express yourselves as men. This bull about the restored 914 with fiberglass is absolutely absurd. However I am interested in reading what else you people can make up!
The 914-6 Gt flares are here and ready for immediate shipment. 950.00 for the set plus 35.00 for shipping. this is just one of the many projects we are doing to insure the preservation of the 914.