water /meth

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
seabeebuggy

Re: water /meth

Post by seabeebuggy »

GARRICK.CLARK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 pm Ok Thanks Clone.
I've got the nozzles in the manifolds, 1 for each port. There nearly a straight shot to the valve.
This week end I'll test.
As far as the 90's it does not matter that much. I would not run 4 jets one for each cylinder. They plug up and you will never know until its too late. set them up at one point if you can. You can still have multiple jets.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Make sure you run a filter right out of the tank to filter the water.

I just use a cheap inline fuel filter from the local Parts Store.

I also only use Distilled water in my system just to be safe. My nozzles each have their own filter built into them too.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

If you only use distilled water you will be ok. Also note if you use meth on the mix and have anythong made of aluminum in its path it will react and cause crystals to form. I had to stop using washer fluid due to this. I just run water now. I dont need extra fuel added to the mix as i get 10 afr already. Fat and safe.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Hey Thanks guys.
Yes the nozzles per cylinder will have to be checked to see if there clear before I test it. They are the smallest that devils own do. A bit of a pain really as I'll have to remove the plenums off the manifolds to check them. I'll check for any crystals forming too. I have only used screen wash to be fair, The nozzles do have tiny gauze screens built in to them , good call on the filter. I can easily fit a fuel filter to the out pipe on the water tank.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I run "Devil's Own" nozzles also.

I use the 1.0 gph and a 2.0 gph for a total of 3.0 gph at full boost. They actually flow more than that since I run only 120 psi with my pump and they test them at 200 psi.
They have a nice water calculator right on their website so you can figure out what total amount of water you need to flow at full boost.

They are nice nozzles and have the screen filter built into them. Adding an extra filter before the pump is just insurance.
The last thing you want is for the water to quit flowing when you are at high boost........ :shock: :cry:

I hope to upgrade to their new 300 psi pump this winter.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Cool.
Let us no how your new pump performs when you get it. A 300 psi pump should mist up real good.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Well. The water injection didn't go as planned.
Started up the engine and it soon flooded with water. The vacuum must be drawing on the nozzles and flooding it with water. Didn't think it would do that. Any way ,Removed the pipes from the nozzles ,dried the plugs and all is good again. So on a blow through SU carb set up Were would I fit a nozzle.
My understanding is behind the carb butterfly so vacuum cant suck water out of it.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

So I've fitted a nozzle that sprays into the carb throat directly behind the butterfly. This has stopped the pinging.
What's next then , Up the boost till pinging returns then increase the water jet size.