SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Piledriver

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by Piledriver »

Based on the latest MS2E tune file i can find at the moment, loaded into MLV the AFR target variable name will be
"AFR Target 1"
For current MS3 its "AFR 1 Target"

Interestingly, MS2E (pre3.4B10, anyway) lacks the "AFR Error" variable.

92 pages in I can't recall which you are running. :lol:
Last edited by Piledriver on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You should be able to select 3 different AFR options at least.

With my MS-2 I have AFR, AFR load and AFR Target.

Pick AFR and it should give you the info you need.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

I'm using a microsquirt v3.0. So that's ms2.
panel

Post by panel »

What version of 'Megalog viewer' are you running?
Clonebug wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm You should be able to select 3 different AFR options at least.

'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
panel

Post by panel »

I thought the HD stood for Heavy Duty?

https://www.efianalytics.com/MegaLogViewerHD/
Piledriver wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:11 am the HD version is simply made for Harley Davidsons EFI setup.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

What got me was there IIRC was a "HD" version ...TS TunerStudio HD--- for Harleys EFI setup.
Like TunerStudio MS, but for Harley Davidsons with EFI.

Of course I could be delusional.
panel wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 pm What version of 'Megalog viewer' are you running?
Clonebug wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm You should be able to select 3 different AFR options at least.

Firmware version also matters, the variable names have ..varied over time, as well as by model (MS1e vs 2e vs 3).
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
petew

Post by petew »

I've got the most recent update of MLV HD (high def) and TS and Microsquirt firmware. I have 4 AFR options to choose from...
AFR1
AFR load
AFR target 1
AFR 2

I've loaded up AFR target 1 as the yellow line in the second window. You can see how effective that is... :(

flat AFR target issue.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Afr1 will give you the afr showing on your fuel map.
Afr target is what you have set up in your afr target map.
Post a pic of your afr target map.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Might want to post to the TS/MLV forum on msextra and link it to here.
It may be a bug, they only guy that can fix it is there.
petew

Post by petew »

I'm emailing with EFI analytics ATM. Brian is helping me out. :)
petew

Post by petew »

The ongoing journey to get the car properly certified continues. Took the car out yesterday to Wetheril Park Automotive Services for another brake test. Same machine as two weeks ago, but this time I needed the front and back brakes cut off and tested separately. I knew I was good hands when I drove in the driveway. A Manx body on a stand outside. As I met and talked to the owner Dominic, he's build a 65 deluxe. Having done the tests he and I talked VWs. I'll probably go back for the "Blue Slip". That's the inspection document that records big changes like engine numbers or registers the car in the first place when it's come from interstate or been put back on the road after a long time unregistered. Man, NSW is a hard place to get a car registered.

You can see a little vid here on instagram...

Here are some test pics.

IMG20171006095258.jpg

Plate tester in the front there. You can make out the 65' deluxe in the background. Here are the results.

brake test 6.10.2017 front.jpg
brake test 6.10.2017 rear.jpg

They also weighed the car while I was there...

brake test 6.10.2017 weight.jpg

That's 1916lbs wet, full of tools, oil bottles, spare tyre and full interior, but without my 100kg (220lb) dead weight. So it wouldn't be hard to make it a lot lighter. Interesting to me is the weight split front to rear. It really is tail heavy. My guess is the turbo, manifold, exhaust and intercooler wouldn't be helping hanging out behind the rear axle. Be interesting to figure out a similar setup with all that setup ahead of the rear axle some how. I guess and air to air intercooler would be lighter too, but I don't think it would be as efficient in a rear motor car.

BTW, I got the AFR target issue sorted. Brian from EFI analytics helped me out. It was under the Fuel Settings tab in the EGO Control dialog. Changed EGO Sensor Type from disabled to wideband. I didn't fix all my old logs, but I got AFR Target 1 in new logs I've done this week.

Freeway Onramp 3.10.2017.png

I've got some weird limits on it. My AFR table goes below 12, so it still isn't quite right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Your injectors are maxed out at 6.0 lbs of boost. You better keep an eye on that if you crank any more boost to it.
It's recommended to only go to 80% and you are already at 83%.

I had to move up to 45# injectors and I am still seeing 70% DC.
petew

Post by petew »

Are you using a rising rate pressure regulator? Coz mine is. Here's my log for 14psi (when the wastegate line blew off)... you'll note how it's pig rich and yet the duty cycle is 121%. I'm assuming as the fuel pressure rises, the injectors flow more.

14psi log 1.4.jpg
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Your injectors are completely maxed out or you are running way too rich for the load......
I have seen 103% with my 32# injectors and I wasn't near the boost I am now.
That was at a peak rpm of 5800 at the rev limiter.

If you are running injectors 24# or less you are too small and need to limit your boost or get your afr's in check before you go to much farther.

I am running vacuum/boost to my regulator....it is a stock German FI bug regulator.
panel

Post by panel »

How close should the AFR (white line) and the Target AFR (yellow line) be in the graph/log ?