Fuel filter recommendation...

ecksrash

Fuel filter recommendation...

Post by ecksrash »

I'm looking for a fuel filter to install in my fuel injection system. I'm running a Walbro GSL 392 fuel pump that flows 225l/hr. I want a filter that has -6 AN ends on it as I'm running all -6 AN fittings. I've looked at the BIG aftermarket performance suppliers and am rather overwhelmed by the selection! I figure some one here has a recommendation of what works and has had good real world results! Thanks DS
Paul H

Re: Fuel filter recommendation...

Post by Paul H »

The big Porsche 10 micron filter is a good way to go . You then get some adapters M12x1,5 or M14x1.5 to AN6
Real parts=Real Performance-Get Real
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance (Plato).
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

I have always used a CIS filter, I use one currently with my IDF's, you may need to adapt it to your lines, but the filters work well and they are good for high pressure and will flow plenty of fuel.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I use a Golf filter......It worked well with my mounting system and I used some Banjo Fittings I found to match the hose I wanted to use.
My filter outlet goes to 5/16ths all the way to the injectors.

Part Number for the filter....

If you have a filter with Banjo fittings you can find just about any combo you want on the AN fitting stores if you want to go that route.

I just slipped some FI fuel hose onto the banjo nipple and used a FI hose clamp to hold it. It's worked for over 20,000 miles so far.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
panel

Post by panel »

Golf/Jetta with the threaded metric fittings for me also.

'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
TZepeSH

Post by TZepeSH »

Is the "Porsche big 10 micron filter" part number 0 450 905 016? What is the difference to 021, which is more available? What is the pitch of 021, 10 micron, 100 micron?
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

There's also the GM EFI fuel filter, inexpensive and easy to replace from your local FLAPS. Here's a kit from Speedway:
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway ... gLiBvD_BwE
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

GS guy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 am There's also the GM EFI fuel filter, inexpensive and easy to replace from your local FLAPS. Here's a kit from Speedway:
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway ... gLiBvD_BwE
That looks like a nice little kit. Might be in the future for me since I have the AN fittings at the carb end of my hardline, could easily put the same at the tank outlet and the inlet end of hardline.
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

Yea, I would have probably used one of these except I'd already picked up a Canton filter (2 of them actually - while trying to figure out where I was going to locate it and what style would fit). Keep in mind - AN6 can have pretty small ID on the actual fitting part, especially if using braided hose & fittings. The Socketless style hose is true 3/8" ID for the AN6 sizes, probably better for any gravity feed locations.
I'm also trying out Earls Ultrapro AN6 stuff for my fuel system - after reading about all the fuel blend and hose deterioration stuff. It has larger ID fittings as well. Earls now has several different "barrier hose" products now for fuel lines - probably the best way to go if you're re-plumbing your fuel system. At least use the Gates barrier hose if you're just going rubber hose and standard fittings.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

I am using a rubber hose with a barbed fitting that so far has proved worthy. And being for carbs, 3-5psi is all it sees. And the hose has withstood the fuel just fine so far.
Here's what that end look like:

And the tank end is using hose clamps on a more "normal" fuel line between tank,filter and pump:
TZepeSH

Post by TZepeSH »

I was looking for a Bosch fuel filter because I live in Europe and those are easily available. And I need it with threaded connections, because after fuel pump I will have AN06 fittings and high pressure (50PSI, fuel injection). But there are so many variants of Bosch filters, that I do not know what to choose. Most of the websites only specify the cars using the filter, not the micron rating.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

TZepeSH wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am I was looking for a Bosch fuel filter because I live in Europe and those are easily available. And I need it with threaded connections, because after fuel pump I will have AN06 fittings and high pressure (50PSI, fuel injection). But there are so many variants of Bosch filters, that I do not know what to choose. Most of the websites only specify the cars using the filter, not the micron rating.
If it is for a FI application, I would think you would be fairly safe with which ever one you choose.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Do you already have the Banjo fittings????

I had some Banjo's and I wanted 5/16ths fuel line so I went to my local NAPA store with the banjo bolts and fittings and they came out with the Golf filter which fit my thread size.

Just take your stuff to the local Part's stores.....they should be able to match something up.

I think the banjo threads are 10 or 12mm. It's been so long....... but it might be in my build somewhere. Page 40 is where the FI starts and you can read through and see if it says what size it is.
All it takes is a little research......we all had to do it too.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.