Site Issues

lcslouis

Site Issues

Post by lcslouis »

Any Site Issues please Post here So I can Keep a working List of things.

Some things can be fixed quickly Some things require a new design.

Issues
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Random crashing of sessions Table
doc
Site Admin

Re: Site Issues

Post by doc »

Thanks, Louis.

If you see something wrong, check first. Wait a minute,click refresh. Give things a chance to show themselves as one offs. If problem persists at all, please report.

doc
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

One thing about this site that has always bugged me is that when you click on a link, it always opens that link in the same web tab. I have my internet settings at "Always open link in a new tab". All other sites I visit do as I have set. So opening links from here in the same tab must be a site setting. Is there anything that can be done? Is this a "Doc" preference? It has always been that way with STF since the 1st time I visited, and I've been a member on here for many years. It continued through the recent rebuild of the site.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

When using the picture attachments you can't always control the order (and you can get duplicates this way) of presentation. It asks you to put it in the order you want but that doesn't always work and you may have (if it allows you to) comeback in and change things after you submit.
lcslouis

Post by lcslouis »

dustymojave wrote:One thing about this site that has always bugged me is that when you click on a link, it always opens that link in the same web tab. I have my internet settings at "Always open link in a new tab". All other sites I visit do as I have set. So opening links from here in the same tab must be a site setting. Is there anything that can be done? Is this a "Doc" preference? It has always been that way with STF since the 1st time I visited, and I've been a member on here for many years. It continued through the recent rebuild of the site.
This is normal behavior for this forum software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lcslouis

Post by lcslouis »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:When using the picture attachments you can't always control the order (and you can get duplicates this way) of presentation. It asks you to put it in the order you want but that doesn't always work and you may have (if it allows you to) comeback in and change things after you submit.
I'll look into it.

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

lcslouis wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:22 pm
dustymojave wrote:One thing about this site that has always bugged me is that when you click on a link, it always opens that link in the same web tab. I have my internet settings at "Always open link in a new tab". All other sites I visit do as I have set. So opening links from here in the same tab must be a site setting. Is there anything that can be done? Is this a "Doc" preference? It has always been that way with STF since the 1st time I visited, and I've been a member on here for many years. It continued through the recent rebuild of the site.
This is normal behavior for this forum software.

As I said before, it's "normal" for this forum. I don't encounter this issue on other forums, including others on phpBB.
paul_f

Post by paul_f »

There is a plugin available on phpbb.com to open links in new window

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

sideshow

Post by sideshow »

I just hold down the “ctrl” key before clicking...I think I use that trick on the other (local club) forum also

Has anyone else tried the donate button? it works for me
adjunog

Post by adjunog »

I'm seeing some pics but not all. 3 years ago I had no problem. I'm not sure if its on my end.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Some pics have gone missing over the years. This may be what you don' t see.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

And a LOT of pics went MIA when Photobucket went for the big $$$$$$. Almost ALL of those are still MIA. That's a problem for the site and the users. But is not a SITE problem.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Its forcing me to log in every time i come back to the site. Anyone else seeing this?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Yes!
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I have had same issue. Maddening!

Please dump your browser cache and cookies. That should fix.

In the background, we have changed servers. Hopefully, it will be a positive change.

Please report any other issues here. Thx to all.