Weber DFAV EV Missing a Part

The VW Beetle. Everything about bugs!
rrb6699

Weber DFAV EV Missing a Part

Post by rrb6699 »

if I can post this pic. there is a bar of some type that goes in the tab hole center picture. that piece opens the butterflies on the carb, but, I don't see where it attaches to from this hole. my guess its supposed to open the butterflies all the way when you are max accelerating.

any ideas if that is the only piece that is missing or not?
and where does it connect? I took the carb off to replace gaskets but still don't see where to connect that to.

I can order the bar but want to order everything I need. as of now full throttle doesn't affect the butterflies.just running on choke airflow. runs ok but if I can get more power that would be a plus.

the second "error" screenshot is the error I get when I try to snap a pic on my camera's lowest res setting. I have to edit with a photo editor, save then attach to get the carb pic I attached above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RR

1972 Restoration Project.
dustrat

Re: Weber DFAV EV Missing a Part

Post by dustrat »

Try and get a hold of Bob Tomlinson's Original Weber Tech Manual , theres a good exploded view diagram of DFVA on page 158
Robert
Marc

Post by Marc »

You're referring to the vertical link that comes down from the choke? That's the "fast idle control rod" and has no effect on performance. Here's one on the "default" throttle linkage: https://cdn3.volusion.com/pghr9.hqfp9/v ... 1490264237

Here's a carb that's had a VW-specific throttle lever put on it, with another lever stacked over it for the fast idle control rod to connect to: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/443043.jpg
rrb6699

Post by rrb6699 »

so, I'm missing a piece off the throttle linkage that nut holds it to the assy. not sure what its called.
RR

1972 Restoration Project.