New guy, new build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
chriswillrise

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise »

I received my wiring harness, coil, and MAT sensor today. For running ignition only, I only need a MAT sensor and crank sensor right? Since MAP is on the ms2
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You just need a vacuum boost source for the map sensor on the ECU.

A 3/16ths vac hose will work fine.

You could probably do without the MAT sensor too since you are draw through but it is nice to be able to log it to see how warm the IAT's get.

You can always activate the boost retard function with it based on MAT rise.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Clonebug wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 pm You just need a vacuum boost source for the map sensor on the ECU.

A 3/16ths vac hose will work fine.

You could probably do without the MAT sensor too since you are draw through but it is nice to be able to log it to see how warm the IAT's get.

You can always activate the boost retard function with it based on MAT rise.
yeah mario said a MAT sensor was a good idea so i got a GM open element one, hopefully they can be exposed to gas/ methenol
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Mine is in the intake just to one side of the Tee. It is exposed to the Meth/water.

I did have one puke it's guts out and quit working but I didn't see any harm to the engine if it ingested the filament.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

So i want to start piecing together stuff for FI. Il probably be using me header for while so i just want a single throttle body i can put in line with the outlet of the turbo and the t pipe. What size you you guys recommend, i see a bunch of no name 50mm throttle bodies on ebay for pretty cheap
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Mine is about 50mm. Works fine for me.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

just got the last piece of the puzzle today! Crank trigger wheel kit from mario. Time to start figuring out this wiring nightmare and hope my ms2 works

Does anyone other than CB make end casting made for FI? It seems a little steep at 280 bucks for a set of FI end castings
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Those are probably the new big bore version...
You can still get weld-in bungs for injectors, getting some stockers drilled and professionally welded will run a lot less...

search for weld aluminum injector bungs
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Piledriver wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 pm Those are probably the new big bore version...
You can still get weld-in bungs for injectors, getting some stockers drilled and professionally welded will run a lot less...

search for weld aluminum injector bungs
something like this?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Exactly.

The hard part is aiming them all correctly, making jigs even of wood can get this done.
That can be made on a borrowed Mexi manifold end pair, or German for that matter.
(German EFI as pattern probably easier as the injector sizes match as far as the holes)

There's probably a bit of business out there for pre-done T1 manifold end for EFI conversions at sane prices...
Hmm...

Anyone know a source where stock ~71-74 manifold ends can be had cheap? :twisted:
...or even just installing properly aimed injector bungs in Weber manifolds. (same jig)
I gotta justify the Synchro 250 eventually.
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Piledriver wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:13 pm Exactly.

The hard part is aiming them all correctly, making jigs even of wood can get this done.
That can be made on a borrowed Mexi manifold end pair, or German for that matter.
(German EFI as pattern probably easier as the injector sizes match as far as the holes)

well if i buy the fuel rail im going to use that would probably help whoever is going to be doing my fabing i would think. Probably just going to buy CB fuel rails
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Mario was messing with the stock manifolds and injector bungs.....You could PM him and see if he has an option.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Clonebug wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm Mario was messing with the stock manifolds and injector bungs.....You could PM him and see if he has an option.
Ill message him now
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Clonebug wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm Mario was messing with the stock manifolds and injector bungs.....You could PM him and see if he has an option.
mario said it was well over 280 bucks in labor :/
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Send me a pair of manifold ends and the bungs. I have some T1 heads and T3 manifolds for the aim somewhere around here, I'll make the jigs and do them for you, if only to see how long it really takes.

I have a nice Miller Synchro 250 for welding aluminum...
I'll even weld in some rail mount points if you know where they need to be/what rails you are going to run.

Would prefer them already bead blasted so I just have to bake and degrease them.
(baking drives the oil out, cast aluminum is usually porous)

Buy me an extra set of bungs for my use as payment, I'll stick them in some Weber manifolds I may use..

PM me for the address.