Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Piledriver

Re: Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

Post by Piledriver »

2 lb. residual pressure valves may also help.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Sooooooo,

I went and bought myself a "sort of" birthday present............ :shock: :wink:

My Wife did approve though.......and even went with me as we had to make a 350 mile round power trip after work to get it.

Left at 5:00 pm and was home by 12:40 am.

Now I have to add something else to my buggy........ :roll:
LeesureLite.jpg
This is a 1997 Leesure-Lite trailer made in Osoyoos, B.C. Canada.
It is one of their first trailers that got them started in the business. It is in really nice shape and should make for a great camping trailer.
It might weigh 250# empty and the axle is rated for 600# so it should be a perfect fit.

I'm now engineering a hitch for the bumper to pull it on our next Anniversary trip to the East Side........ :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's awesome!
panel

Post by panel »

Always pack a spare.......and nice rack on there also!
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Time for a larger fuel tank :P
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
petew

Post by petew »

So now you're ready to do Hotrod Magazine drag week!
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

petew wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:16 pm So now you're ready to do Hotrod Magazine drag week!

:twisted: :lol: :D
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
Facebook-Tech-Store
petew

Post by petew »

MarioVelotta wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:24 pm
petew wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:16 pm So now you're ready to do Hotrod Magazine drag week!

:twisted: :lol: :D
That looks like a sponsorship offer to me! :twisted:
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Looks sweet Art, that should give you plenty of room to mount a large intercooler!!
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Mileage, 84,642

Update,

Not much on the buggy due to weather being crap for driving but I have taken it to work a bit. Not much time to tune either except for last Sunday afternoon I spent a little time on the boost control.
I have that set pretty good with the slider at 140 and boost target at 255 kpa. Max boost I hit after the last adjustment was 21.8 lbs boost and I have my overboost cut at 270 kpa.
It now holds boost pretty steady with very little oscillation so it pulls nicely. I need to adjust the boost target and initial duty table to get the boost to come in earlier.
I also completely remapped my start up and warm up enrichment. I made complete new graphs on all of them to see if I can improve on the default and adjusting from them.
It might take a while but I will get it.

Since the weather has been crap I have been working on the trailer and hitch for the buggy.

I got a hitch welded on.....
I still need to weld a plate on for the chains to hook up to and also run the wiring to a plug. I'll also have to run a converter from the buggy's 5 wire to 4 wire on the trailer.

I had to fix the hinge on the rear of the trailer and I finally got that installed after procrastinating for two weeks and worrying about getting it right.

I have a crappy pic of the trailer hooked up which shows no detail...... :roll:

Now with the hinge fixed I could finally open it up and air it out.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I love camping, been doing that since i was little
This summer we go camping with our 4yr old for the first time.

I have a campertent too. I have to air it out soon and will post pics too.

Enjoy!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

This is a for what it is worth to everyone.

I got this from the web (https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/glov ... owing.html) and albeit it is from NZ it pretty much agrees with what I was told years ago for safe towing; e.g., vehicle weight to tow weight.

…. “The Transport Agency (NZ) recommends, as a guide, that the laden weight of an unbraked trailer should not exceed three quarters of the unladen weight of the towing vehicle and then only if the towing vehicle's brakes and tyres are in excellent condition. A trailer heavier than this may prevent the vehicle combination from meeting the seven metre from 30km/h brake performance requirement. To illustrate the increase in stopping distance when towing an unbraked trailer, consider a trailer with a laden weight equal to the weight of the towing vehicle.”

If your trailer has surge brakes then things change some as far as the tow pushing the towing vehicle around on braking but has nothing to do with being pushed around otherwise. After having a close call this April, when the brakes of my dink either failed to engage or locked up in the wet pavement (not sure which) when I tried to slow down for an off-ramp I got pushed by the dink instead of helping to slow me down. Do a search and you will find this and a lot more on the subject such as:.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/ho ... a-trailer/

Finding something on unbraked towing is not as easily found now days as they assume that everthing being towed now has some kind of brakes. The weight to weight ratio can mean that the tow can direct the towing vehicle and that is, and has been a long standing problem.

Just so you are aware.

Lee
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

That's another reason I put discs all the way around........ :wink:

The trailer weighs 420 lbs. according to the Title. I might add another 150 lbs. to it when it is loaded.
That would be under 600 lbs gross pulled by a buggy weighing 1660 with me in it and no gear or Wife......I'm not going there on the Wife weight....... :shock: :lol:
I think it will be ok.
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

Looks like the perfect camping rig for a buggy! Nice. I guess you can put a regular mattress in there? Comfortable sleeping is key. Now what about that AC??
Jeff
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

That's so cool! And so lite. Crazy.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
Facebook-Tech-Store