***Leathernecks rail ***

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
no1clyde

Re: ***Leathernecks rail ***

Post by no1clyde »

Good to hear.

Ed
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

no1clyde wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:42 am Good to hear.

Ed
Lol, after I thought about what I wrote it sounded like I have it all under control and understand it all, NOPE! I know it isn't witchcraft now and know how to take my stuff apart and kind of understand what it does but by no means do I have a handle on it, oh no I have many a question to ask in the future :)
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

LOL No problem. I am glad they are working better for you and you do know it is not witchcraft. Like many things in life the first time is the hardest :D

Ed
TimS

Post by TimS »

Glad you are getting them dialed in.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

I think more testing is required....just saying.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Added some lights to the back end, also I moved the Air Filter intake to a forward position, see any drawbacks to that?

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/fCL_gRXe2H0[/BBvideo]
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

I don't think there will be a problem with the air filter intake facing the way it is, hitting 10lbs boost, for peace of mind I think I will dial it down to 7ibs.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

I don't think there will be a problem with the air filter intake facing the way it is, hitting 10lbs boost, for peace of mind I think I will dial it down to 7ibs.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

What was your concern on the way its facing?

Are the lights just clears? or are they amber hard to tell in the vid?
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 pm What was your concern on the way its facing?
Are the lights just clears? or are they amber hard to tell in the vid?
I had it facing up with a forward snorkel on it before, Being inside the cabin so to speak I wasn't sure if there would be a good air flow or if there would be air flow coming from the rear or able to just pass through from the front.

The lights have two whites on the outside and two Amber on the inside, It has at least 7 different flashing modes, some might spaz some people out behind me. I have really learned how important it was to see the person way up ahead as well as up close
Leatherneck

Re:

Post by Leatherneck »

Leatherneck wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:52 pm So I take the cv's off today and check for clocking, not clocked. Then I not reading thoroughly I put wide with wide on the oposite CV's pretty damn proud of myself call up Hedrock we are talking about them and he says uh, don't think you did it right so at first I have to defend my stupidity and go get the sheet to read directions again. So I ended up taking both axles back off and aligning them with wide to narrow, CV to CV . :roll: Well at least now I can check it off my list.

Pulled the CV's off, clean em up, grease them, replace lock washers and cleaned the boots. Going to add cir clips to the outside CV's while I'm at it.

So CV's clocked, axles clocked, wheels clocked and set the clock in the garage. :D
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

tic tock tic tock
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

One is finished, took all of the grease out of the boot, was a lot in there which I put there but don't think it is serving any purpose other then lubing the axle :roll: I will move the boot close to the cv as it will back out on its on when needed.
One is done, on to the other, used a lot less grease
IMG_285.jpg
See I even set the Garage clock
IMG_283.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luddite

Post by luddite »

Sooo... Thought I had the wrong thread. Rail color isn't what I remember. is this still the bomb pop? Or have you started over somewhere in the last few years?
otis

Post by otis »

Woo hoo!! I remembered what email address I used. I got in.