What is this Fuel filter please?

carl4x4

Post by carl4x4 »

Hi, I'm embarking on fuel injecting my Ghia and have a question regarding the fuel filter(s). I have bought a number of parts from Speedshop in the UK including a Bosch 044 type pump. It has a 12mm push-fit input and an AN-6 output.

Question is what type of filter do I need & where to put it? I have looked at in-line filters pre-pump and the only one with 12mm push fit fittings has a 55 micron filter, is this too fine for a gravity fed pump like the one I have? or is the large bore compensating for that?

Also do I need a pre & post pump filter? I have read on some threads that they use a 100 micron pre-pump, then a 10 micron post pump.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Last edited by carl4x4 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
risk

Re: Advice on Fuel filter please

Post by risk »

55 micron could create a restriction on the pump inlet..

Aeromotive makes a 100 micron stainless that has 3/8 NPT pipe threads that you could easily thread push fit adapters into.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/ ... el-filter/

I'm running their 100 micron stainless pre pump, and their 10 micron microglass post pump. Their filters have more surface area than most others out there.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I used a NAPA equivalent prefilter with 1/2 inch inlet and outlet and a Golf pressure side filter since it had the same banjo thread sizes as the Volvo filter I was replacing. It was a smaller diameter for easier packaging.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
carl4x4

Post by carl4x4 »

Thanks guys, I will look for a 100 pre filter and 10 post filter
carl4x4

Post by carl4x4 »

Clonebug wrote:I used a NAPA equivalent prefilter with 1/2 inch inlet and outlet and a Golf pressure side filter since it had the same banjo thread sizes as the Volvo filter I was replacing. It was a smaller diameter for easier packaging.
Thanks, do you have a part number for the pre-filter?
carl4x4

Post by carl4x4 »

Wonder if anyone can help me identify this fuel filter, I was given it as part of my fuel injection conversion but can't find any documentation on it.

Need to know what size in microns the filter is, plus also what size and type of thread the in/out is so I can buy some AN-6 ends for it. Not idea if it is AN or ORB or NPT fitting...?

Does anyone recognise it and know the fittings please?

Clonebug

Re: What is this Fuel filter please?

Post by Clonebug »

http://www.fastfasteners.com/fuelshutoffsandfilters.htm

Go down toward the bottom of page......it looks like yours.

100 micron and o-ring to AN fittings. :idea:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
carl4x4

Post by carl4x4 »

Thanks for the replies, it looks like it's either a 100 or 30 micron filter judging by the canister size.