1302 WBX turbo powered bug

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
fastbus

Re: 1302 WBX turbo powered bug

Post by fastbus »

riseabove wrote:ah. any tips on where to begin with the dry sump set up. is the cheap cb pump the way to go on a budget ?

I was planning to use the auto craft system but this will only scavenge with the Type 1 style pick-up that connects to the oil drain.
As the wbx only has a sump plug, the scavenge has to come from the standard oil pick in the engine case and back up through the oil pump, then it will send the oil away to an oil cooler and back then to your tank.
It will then pump oil from the tank through the oil filter and into the galleries to feed the internals.
The cb pump is the easy and most cost effective option and it will clear most of the pulleys on the market.
Still be prepared to spend between £700 and £900 on your oil system which is cheap for a dry sump system.

Hope this helps
:)
riseabove

Post by riseabove »

fastbus wrote:
riseabove wrote:ah. any tips on where to begin with the dry sump set up. is the cheap cb pump the way to go on a budget ?

I was planning to use the auto craft system but this will only scavenge with the Type 1 style pick-up that connects to the oil drain.
As the wbx only has a sump plug, the scavenge has to come from the standard oil pick in the engine case and back up through the oil pump, then it will send the oil away to an oil cooler and back then to your tank.
It will then pump oil from the tank through the oil filter and into the galleries to feed the internals.
The cb pump is the easy and most cost effective option and it will clear most of the pulleys on the market.
Still be prepared to spend between £700 and £900 on your oil system which is cheap for a dry sump system.

Hope this helps
:)
Sounds like it is worth it in the long run. I will build another engine on the side as. I want to do it. Right from the get go. I had to make alterations to the waterpipe that runs close to the main pulley because im using a triggerwheel mounted on the inner side of the pulley so space is at a premium on this particular engine...
fastbus

Post by fastbus »

The main benefit is oil surge and the lack of it when hard cornering. Also when you turbo charge a wbx you will have a greater quantity of oil rather than what you have in the small wbx case, when your with out the option of adding a deep sump.
westypoo

Post by westypoo »

can you post up pictures of your front radiator set up and how you've shrouded it? that would be awesome.
fastbus

Post by fastbus »

westypoo wrote:can you post up pictures of your front radiator set up and how you've shrouded it? that would be awesome.
I haven't finished off under the hood as of yet but i will pop some pics up the next time I'm down the garage.
:wink: