My Megasquirt Wiring Diagram

maxyray

My Megasquirt Wiring Diagram

Post by maxyray »

I'm new to ms so thought it would be a good idea to draw up a wiring diagram so that I could understand how it all works.

My ms came as a kit from Mario @ The Dubshop and I must say that the kit is great quality.

The kit is 90% connected up.

I would be much obliged if you guys could let me know if my wiring is correct. :D

One other thing I was interested in finding out is if there is a way to adjust my boost on the fly from the cockpit? I'm running a Boost solenoid like this...

Thanks
Max
MarioVelotta

Re: My Megasquirt Wiring Diagram

Post by MarioVelotta »

Max looks great!

Found a couple things you can change. Pip and saw are reversed. I have changed my wiring diagram since I mislabeled them, my bad :oops:

The lc1 has 2 outputs. I would set it up to use one for MS and the other for a gauge. It will make everything in the world right ;)

As for the boost control you can
A)Add boost table switching so you have a hi and low boost setting via dash switch
B)Do an external boost controller so you don't need a laptop to make changes to the target table
C)Just pull out your laptop (That I know you have with you all the time to make your phat beats with 8) )
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
maxyray

Post by maxyray »

MarioVelotta wrote:Max looks great!

Found a couple things you can change. Pip and saw are reversed. I have changed my wiring diagram since I mislabeled them, my bad :oops:

The lc1 has 2 outputs. I would set it up to use one for MS and the other for a gauge. It will make everything in the world right ;)

As for the boost control you can
A)Add boost table switching so you have a hi and low boost setting via dash switch
B)Do an external boost controller so you don't need a laptop to make changes to the target table
C)Just pull out your laptop (That I know you have with you all the time to make your phat beats with 8) )
Thanks Mario :D

So I should it be from pip to tach and saw to s1?

Is this what you mean by external boost controller?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... trol-valve
Thanks
Max
maxyray

Post by maxyray »

Mario do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for the LC-1. Showing how to wire it up the way your talking about?
:D
Thanks
Max
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

For wiring yes, just stitch the two at the relay board.

That is a manual boost controller. They adjust boost by turning the knob up and down. They are low tech but work good to make quick adjustments. You just have to run run the preassure lines upto the knob in the drivers compartment.

on the lc-1 you would just use yellow wire for the gauge and brown for the ecu. You will have to plug the lc-1 into the computer and reconfigure the output of the yellow wire to match that of the brown.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
Facebook-Tech-Store
maxyray

Post by maxyray »

Think I've got it...
:D

Thanks
Max
63 Bug

Post by 63 Bug »

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I am about to MS my bug using EDIS and I noticed that it has a tach output. Can this output be used to drive a autometer monster tacho?

MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Some modules don't have the output, in that car try pin 2. But the tach may jump a little while the key is on but not running.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
Facebook-Tech-Store