Project "R"

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
Ryan Huebler

Post by Ryan Huebler »

Thanks southsidebugs, I'm only 19 and still learning.

As far as blasting stuff. I really cannot get bodys in, since I only can do stuff durning my lunch time. But I can do fenders and hoods etc. I'm have pretty reasonable prices compared to what the company charges, and I put extra effert into it since its VW stuff. We use garnet, and there is no warpage. I've done many cars and have never warped a single one. The only downside is once I'm done with my std. I plan on leaving this job for something a little less harsh on the body. I plan on being out of there by the end of July at the latest. So If you want to get some stuff done get it in the works sooner rather than later.

As far as My super beetle goes. I will be taking offers on it. 2,000$ will get you the body/pan (clean title) those brand new seats. Maxx struts. The wilwood setup minus the calipers and hubs(basically the modifyed spindle and brackets) a fuel cell. and a couple other little pieces to get you started. As listed the value of work into it alone is sitting in the 6,000$ area. Otherwise I will hold onto it and work on it in my free time.
Eurolook71

Post by Eurolook71 »

Perhaps for the motor, a type 4 would suite. 2270 or more with those 48s. amazing low-end torque...perhaps a turbo T4 motor....jst so many flavors to choose from!!
volkdent

Re: Project "R"

Post by volkdent »

Any updates here?

Jason
Ryan Huebler

Re: Project "R"

Post by Ryan Huebler »

Yeah, I hauled the black bug off to the scrap yard.

This is where the white one stands. It drives but its not street leagle yet.
As you can tell, I'm taking my sweet time on this. I work on it here and there. I was trying to make it at least street leagle by march, but we will see how that goes. It is fun to drive it around the neighborhood.