would these adapters woprk for my aplication

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
madpballer

would these adapters woprk for my aplication

Post by madpballer »

i have a 1303 beetle and i need some adpater froma a vw 4 lug to a a for 5 x 4.5 or a 5 x 100 pattern i found these on ebay and wondered what you guys thought. will the wrok for my application

wheels ar 18 x 7.5 with an et48 tiresa are 225 40 r 18. i think this is the cheapest alternative what is your opinion

thanx carson
Eurolook71

Post by Eurolook71 »

Wheel Adaptors are a big no-no, IMO...but most here would agree with me i'm sure.

The Germanlook/Eurolook is brought on by the spirit of racing, derived from the Kafer Cup and an overall popular usage and look of later Beetles over in Europe. I could go on for hours about what is germanlook, but its been done, but I think an census would prove that you must have the hubs drilled to a specific pattern rather than using an adaptor to connect different wheels to our 30+ year old cars. It's just too unsafe. Why have another possible area of failure? If you plan this car to be a daily driver, I would NOT use them, if it's a track car, it's a no-brainer, if it's trailer queen, then, you could get away with it. But it adds a ton of material between the mount point on the wheel and the hub, making the tires tuck under the fenders impossible. Plus who wants a germanlook show car anyway, drive that damn thing, and drive it hard!!