Question???

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
rudgergt

Question???

Post by rudgergt »

I am absolutly new to this type of BUG stuff- I have bought a full set of front 944 spindles complete(NA) and the rear trailing arm with all brakes and ebrake lines- I have a 74' SB- a 1303 I think- it has the 2 bolt mount for the front struts- the question I have is - will all this stuff bolt on with a change of front BJ? I was planing on getting the TL bushings for the spindles but my steering mounts from the top now and my stock spindles?
I am also intalling a Subaru and 5 speed Porsche(I have probably bite off more than I should have!!) but I will do one thing at a time and it has always worked out B/4?? I know all this has probably been covered somewhere But can someone answer my few questions??
thanks
rudger :D
effvee

Post by effvee »

Hi, I still have not completed my 944 conversion, but concernig the lower control arm ball joint. About four years ago I bought two set of bushing for this conversion. Since I had not installed the setup, there were some members stating that in a lowered stance the bushing for the VW to Porsche spindle have came apart. Well this gave me worries and I will not be using this convesion, using the bushing. www.kerscher.de is a company that sell the corret ball joint. In Germany the ball joints go for 50 Euro. There is a company in the valley the get Kercher parts, they sell the set for 150.00 US go over the www.germanlook.com in the German Look site and ask the question. They will give you the company name and number. I thing the tie rods ends will need changing, but the ttie rods will take the 944 tie rod ends. I just saw the name and address today, wow I'll look in the morning.