getting closer

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
55superbeetle

getting closer

Post by 55superbeetle »

got some more pics up!!!!

just have to finish the engine and wiring

let me know if you like it

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos? ... 7&ran=3796

hope to have it up and running by the end of the year (finally)
cre8iv1

Post by cre8iv1 »

badass!!!!

what type of engine will you be running?
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

What will the final color be?

Jason
55superbeetle

Post by 55superbeetle »

Thank's guys

The motor is almost complete, it's a 2909 type 4 with scat split port heads and will be turbocharged and injected.

As for the color the car is now it is just some hand mixed primer sealer. I plan to drive it like this untill the car is dialed in and up to par. Then dissasemble and paint it the original 55 reed green.

Jeff
JayInMI

Post by JayInMI »

I love this car. I like how the air intakes were done so subtly, instead of just adding ducts to the side of a classic oval...I was afraid the project was dead since there hadn't been any updates in quite a while...nice to see it back going again...

Jay
junkyardoval

Post by junkyardoval »

Glad to see an update. I have followed your build since day one. It is an impressive car. You must be proud. I look forward to info on your first trip around the block. Good job

Ernie
Plasticfantastic

Post by Plasticfantastic »

"IF" we like it????
You have got to be kidding! Anybody reading this forum is gonna love it.
Awesome, awesome build!

Jeff-
55superbeetle

Post by 55superbeetle »

Thanks guys!

I know my progress has been slow but I have been learning just how expensive and time consuming it really is to build a car. Most of my down time is caused by not having enough money to buy the next part. I also have about 5 other ongoing projects with a few of my buddies. Hearing that you guys like it means alot and keeps me going!!!

Thanks

Jeff

Btw, plasticfantastic I love your bus. I cant think of anything i would change :D
Plasticfantastic

Thanks Jeff!
My problem was it seemed to take just as long to actually get parts as it did for me to save up!
Keep the faith! and keep the pics coming, even of the simple stuff.

Jeff-
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

To both Jeffs, your rides are going to be some of the best out there!

'55, going slow makes for lot's of time to think, which usually makes for good decisions, so I think your speed is just about perfect!

Plastic, everytime I see your panel I can't help but smile, it's the baddest bus ever.

Jason
Plasticfantastic

Thanks Jason!
It's been tough putting everything on hold for a year now while we built a house. Seeing the poor VWs sitting in the shop seriously covered in dust and wishing I could be two people... but my mind has been working while my hands couldn't. Like you said, time to think over ideas and perfect them. I hope over the winter to re-do a couple small things on the bus and get it nearer to completed. I already have thoughts of a new project involving a near perfect 61 ragtop shell I have... we are insane!

Jeff-
vw40life

Post by vw40life »

do you relly like jeffs car hes invested lots of money and time you shouln't like it you should love it that car is his dream car its his pride and joy
Last edited by vw40life on Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vujade

Post by vujade »

vw40life wrote:you guy acsully like jeff oval bug that car has tons of money invested in the car
huh? :roll:
Plasticfantastic

vw40life wrote:do you relly like jeffs car hes invested lots of money and time you shouln't like it you should love it that car is his dream car its his pride and joy
Thanks for the clarification, we all definately love it! For a second there, it sounded like you thought he spent too much money.
Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

Awesome project you've got going!! Can't wait to see it finished.

Got any pics of your engine installed? Am curious to find out where you mounted your turbo, wastegate etc as room would be super tight in the back there.

Also with the rear legs of your roll cage, will they be going down further than the rear airbox area? Am just concerned if they aren't and your involved in a roll-over (not that i'm trying to jinx you)

Cheers