1963 Project Euro/Aussie look Beetle - FYI

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
Dasdubber

1963 Project Euro/Aussie look Beetle - FYI

Post by Dasdubber »

For anyone interested, here is a link to pics and info which details the progress of my full body off resto. It started life as a 63 RHD beetle (I live in Australia) which was then mated to a 68 b/j s/a pan (was originally going to be a cal-looker).

The "quick resto" turned into a year and half (and counting) project. Type IV (mild 2L), 4 wheel discs, 17in Cup 3 replicas etc....I'd post a pic but not too sure how.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.netspot4u.com/~manxclub/gallery/album95

Cheers
Alan
Paul Illick

Post by Paul Illick »

Nice work, and I really like the style. I wanted to keep going on the photos, though, all the way through to see to see the finished car. Keep it up!
randyj

Post by randyj »

Where did you get your roll cage?

Randy
Dasdubber

Post by Dasdubber »

Thanks for the compliment gents - this is an ongoing project so check back every now and again. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the year. I am doing the bodywork and you can only get so much done after work each evening and on the weekends!

Rollcage was custom made by a shop here in Brisbane (Australia) - www.customoffroad.com.au

A little way from Texas :wink:

Cheers
Alan
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

Looking very nice. Should be a real looker standing still and going! Love the wheel/tire combo and the fender(guard) fit.

Jason
gando

Post by gando »

Never know where I'm going to bump into you Alan.You have done a good job setting all those pics up.In fact you have done a bloody good job with what you have taken the pics of.I will have to get some progress shots of my Oval up to give you some competition.Joking-keep up the first class work.
66 deluxe

Post by 66 deluxe »

G'day Alan,

your car looks great can't wait to see it on the road, I also live in Brisbane and i am also building a German look beetle, the car is a 66 deluxe, I have a 70 semi-auto pan converted to manual, currently at custom off road to be fitted with whiteline sway bars, dropped spindles with 944 turbo disc brakes all round with 996 boxster 16 x 6 and 16 x 7's, will be building a mild 2 litre type 4 also have been collecting parts for a while now and hopefully have it done by end of year. Any way stay cool and hope to see you on the road.
Dasdubber

Post by Dasdubber »

Hey Gary - good to see you over here in this forum too!! Can't wait to see your oval up and running soon - make sure you post lots of pics too!

Howdy the mo, certainly hope to meet you some time soon - will be good to have a few type IV powered beetles on the road here in brissy! I had lots of work done at custom offroad and on the whole was very happy (apart from them scratching both front rims to death where they rubbed on the trailing arm, and making a mess of the freshly painted pan - nothing major though).

Cheers guys
Alan
Still plugging away at the bodywork - passenger side quarters and engine bay are almost done, then it is just under bonnet and a few bits on the interior, then finally the high build primer goes down (and then just fine tuning bodywork before paint goes on!). Getting exciting!
gando

Post by gando »

Been hanging around here for a while now.I have done something really stupid-started another rebuild while halfway thru the first.Got another pan to modify for the auto trans and IRS to go under the Oval.Will start to get serious when the Oval body goes in for sunroof and paint in a couple of weeks.Made up my jigs for the IRS conversion last night.Will keep you posted.
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

How's that custom exhaust coming? I was asking about that earlier on another post. Interested to see the final product.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

hey the mo, i'm also doing a bit of a German Look bug and am also a Brisbane boy. I'd be keen to swap notes etc if you are local, you can get my details from aussieveedubbers (555bug). Brisbane will be a fun place in a few years when all these tuff bugs hit the tarmac.
vw40life

Post by vw40life »

nice car i like it alot
Dasdubber

Post by Dasdubber »

Can't wait to see a few more tough bugs on the Brissy streets as you say!

Here is a link to the custom exhaust:
http://www.netspot4u.com/~manxclub/gallery/album02

There has been more updates so check out the link again for more progress shots.
66 deluxe

BrisVegas Blitzkrieg

Post by 66 deluxe »

Hi Stephen how are you, I had alook on Aussieveedubbers but couldn,t find your details I live in Murrumba downs in the pine rivers shire will have to get your number or details somehow any way what dub you drive, i got three of em and my kombi is for sale if anyone reading this wants it , but no engine thats going in my bug, any way hope to hear from you cheers The mo. :D
Dasdubber

Post by Dasdubber »

Finally finished the paint (well its all applied but still have to colour sand)...shell is back on the pan for the time being. Things are coming along but still a fair bit of work to do!

Full pics are here:
http://www.netspot4u.com/~manxclub/gallery/album95