Need 944 brakes?

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
vdubjim

Need 944 brakes?

Post by vdubjim »

Have been mailing with a pretty cool guy about some 944 brakes.
Front spindles out all good shape bolt on type condition. 300 bones.

Sound good??
effvee

A bit pricy

Post by effvee »

Hi it depends on if there are not many 944 in you area. Here is my story I went to a junk yard in Gardena CA. I took my time and Removed both front and rear brake assemblies, even the parking brake cables. I stacked them on my junk yard dolly, with tool box. Some of the backing plates I doubled them together, hid some of the hubs under all the mess. By the time I was up to the cashier and told them what I had, they took my word. Also the gaurd was there hearing it all. I paid $90 US and the guard just let me by. Now that a deal 8) . Back to you, it they are hard to come by in your local, then you will need to pay the going price (sorry :cry: ) Also if you do both front and rear, then think about modifing the rear backing plate to hold the front caliper. Since the fronts are larger than the rear it may cause to much noise dive. Ask around this site or German Look.com
JC-ATL

Post by JC-ATL »

I love "pull it yourself" junkyards. I pulled a complete T4 engine from a '72 bus, and since the counterperson didn't recognize what a VW engine was supposed to look like, instead of charging me $150 for a complete engine, she charged me $60 for a block, no heads. I also had a crank and a cam I had picked up in the cart, and she charged me for 2 cams. $10 instead of $20.
vdubjim

Post by vdubjim »

true true.
i posted this in the FS forum, just a guy i know selling off some 944 stuff and i know some people cant find the stuff....
fastbackerdez

Post by fastbackerdez »

dunno how common 944s are in the US, but it seems a little over the odds to me. i just got 1 and a half set ups, i got a full rear setup including the A-arms, hubshafts, cables and also the ARB and linkage, for £50uk, already romoved!
i then got a full front and rear setup (brakes only) taken off a car that was in regular use up to the week before, for £100uk.
vdubjim

Post by vdubjim »

depends what part of the usa you live in.....
krems

Post by krems »

no such luck in Jamaica...porsche 944's are rare.

ebay & thesamba havent been yielding much. where to get then?
pantswagen

ha!

Post by pantswagen »

i had a complete 87 rear set up delivered for 70 quid!

-got a type 4 engine and 091 -hundred quid

complete s2 front and rear £200 -with the 4 calipers

but i just got stng on having to buy 1985 only 951 hubs -ouch
:oops:
Cush00

Post by Cush00 »

I have a set of 944 fronts. The rotors are turned, the pads are 80% and the wheel bearings are repacked. They are already on BJ bug spindes ready to bolt on. I am asking 450, but I am definately negociable on the price.