balljoint coilover setup?

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

badass :shock:
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

Just doing a few tweaks to the height of the shock tower to perfect shock travel with a bump stop.

Jason
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

The latest is posted on German Look Forums. http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showth ... #post43895
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

I promised pics, and here they are:

It's pretty hard to see, but there is a black machined bushing between the U joint and the steering column. A friend of mine, Mike Humphreys, did the machining of this part, as well as the internal pushing that keeps the steering shaft centered in the steering column.

This will be the last I post on this topic for awhile, the next will be tuning it with the correct springs and shock adjustment, and the addition of a sway bar, but I'll get the whole thing running before I do that, so it may be awhile.

Jason-whew!
hoghead

wishbone suspension

Post by hoghead »

I am building a Speedster clone here in Thailand and have been thinking of a wishbone suspension system for some time now.

Is this system commercially available, or will it be in the near future?
I really really want one

Robert
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

It has not been tested yet but once sorted out may be for sale. It would be a few years at this rate. The suspension has been done for some time now, but this is just something I do in my spare time to the tuning will take awhile as will the modifications for production.

Jason
hoghead

A-arm suspension

Post by hoghead »

I really want something like this for my own car, and do not want to wait a couple of years. Rather than spend the money on rebuilding a soon to be redundant beam, I would rather decrement the cost against a new A-arm suspension system.

Want to collaborate on the project?

I am retired and have nothing but time, labour here in Thailand is really cheap, all the facilities are at hand, and my background is engineering and running a machine and fab shop. Goes without saying that I am a gearhead.

No big deal for me to get it mounted on a test bug and do some development work. PM me if you want to discuss confidentiality etc.

Robert
DORIGTT

Post by DORIGTT »

Weren't we discussing balljoint coil-over setups? How'd this turn into a double a-arm conversion with the little lemon twist?
Plasticfantastic

Post by Plasticfantastic »

Jason is an off topic thread-jacker! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff-
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

Hey You guys! I wasn't so smart back then! I didn't know what "hijacking" was at the time! I DO have coilovers............and my setup DOES work in place of a balljoint suspension..... :lol: :wink:
DORIGTT

Post by DORIGTT »

Point missed! :lol:
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

Crap, I'm never going to get out of this one! Can we just change the name of the thread!???

Jason