Something Wicked This Way Comes...

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
ahrivers

Re: Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Post by ahrivers »

First off I would like to give a special thanks to Mrs. Blue for all her love and support I dont think she realizes how much help she has been.

I have decided to keep the red accents for the time being.

Next on the install list is the coil over conversion kit that I received for Eagle Performance http://www.eagleperformance.com/CoilOverKits.html. I have researched many different kits over the years and finally decided on the Eagle Perfomance Kit. There are more expensive kits out there and ofcourse there are cheaper kits out there, but anyone doing a coil over conversion should definitely check out the Eagle Performance Kit. A friend of mines has a cheaper version without the offset and he just can't seem to get his toe alignment correct, and I have also seen the versions offered without the load boss and I wouldnt feel safe doing any spirited driving with those kits. Started the install a couple of days ago and had a small clearance issue. Gave a call to Eagle and the problem was solved immediately. Will post later with some install details and pics.

I have also made a minor change to the headlight buckets by painting the interior of the the buckets to match the body.

Before and after pics

ahrivers

Post by ahrivers »

Decided to save a little money by R&R the rear seat springs myself. One less thing my interior guy has to do.

Also made a decision to go with the Scat Procar Stealth Seat. The red and black theme is alive and well.

Also started on the audio basics

david58

Post by david58 »

Any updates on this ride?
What did you do to the lower end of the coil over to make the spring fit above the welded bracket on the arms? Is it just re-drilling the lower mounting holes?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
volksbugly

Post by volksbugly »

Can you give specs on the shocks? spring length, shock length, spring weight. I have some sitting here but I think I might have bought the wrong springs. (I went with dual springs). 450lb 8in springs and 4 inch 300 lbs spring.
r1cpowdercoating

Post by r1cpowdercoating »

hey Ahrivers, do you have any numbers on the shock and springs that you used on the rear? would like to put that set up on the ghia racecar.

Ron
R-n-D Racing
ahrivers

Post by ahrivers »

The springs are QA1 DS302 OR DS303. They changed the part numbers since I purchased them. Check on qa1 web site for more specs. I went with the variable rate springs 12 inch 175lb to 375lb. Also after raising the mounting hole location I also cut off about a 1/2 inch or 12mm around the mounting cup edge to clear the bottom of the spring.
jhoefer

Post by jhoefer »

volksbugly wrote:Can you give specs on the shocks? spring length, shock length, spring weight. I have some sitting here but I think I might have bought the wrong springs. (I went with dual springs). 450lb 8in springs and 4 inch 300 lbs spring.
This would give you 180 lb/in until the softer spring hits coil bind and then it jumps to 450 lb/in.

On my coilovers, they wouldn't fit the stock mounts without cutting away too much i felt. I just fabbed all new lower mounts.

Waiting to see what those seats look like once they're installed.