Nürburgring visits

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
Wally

Nürburgring visits

Post by Wally »

Since GermanLook is still down, I'll post this over here:

Like last year, prior to the DasDragDay weekend at Bitburg, a few of us from the Netherlands will be visiting the Nürburgring.
Friday before the Bitburg weekend (which is only about 70 km's further) the Ring opens at 14:15h according to the official website schedule for Touristenfahren (tourist runs).

Any fast aircooled VW's are welcome to join us. Let us know if you are coming here and with what car/set-up :D

Impression from last year of my bug:

Last edited by Wally on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
fastback

Post by fastback »

holy moly... that was a cool shot!
what's your times Bridge to bridge with the bug!?!?
Wally

Post by Wally »

Thanks! yeah, that was a very nice shot from one of the track-side photographers. We have some more of the 4-car group that went last year :wink:

No, I haven't timed anything as I have only went 2 laps for the first time and it is a tricky track and many accidents happen. Having a timer or camera onboard is not allowed either for good reason..
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
fastback

Post by fastback »

yeah i have been there once. but not in a VW.
Is it in the bottom of Fuchsrore?
Wally

Post by Wally »

fastback wrote:
Is it in the bottom of Fuchsrore?
I really wouldn't know :oops:
When I have done 50 or 60 laps or so, I may remember the corners... :lol:
www.apfelbeck.nl
Batan

Post by Batan »

Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL! Do you have a higher res? I need a new wallpaper!!! 8) 8)
Wally

Post by Wally »

Batan wrote:Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL! Do you have a higher res? I need a new wallpaper!!! 8) 8)
Thanks!
Yes, I had, but have misplaced it I believe. I used it as my own wall paper too BTW :wink:

Here's one more, then I want to hear who is coming too this year :roll:

www.apfelbeck.nl
Batan

Post by Batan »

Wally wrote:
Batan wrote:Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL! Do you have a higher res? I need a new wallpaper!!! 8) 8)
Thanks!
Yes, I had, but have misplaced it I believe. I used it as my own wall paper too BTW :wink:
Oh, bummer! Gorgeous GLook as well btw. 8) 8)
petevw

Post by petevw »

Boy do i miss that place. Was there in '06 with a rental car. :lol:

Wally, i will try and make it out there. Have some DasDragDay links?

What will i be driving? A rental! the memories.........

'01 Golf - some mods
'72 Super - more mods
'52 Split - crazy mods

'65 Bus 21w W\T - stock for now
NO_H2O

Post by NO_H2O »

Awsome pix. That is one track I would love to take a few laps on. Spa is another I would love to drive.
Thanks Wally
Wally

Post by Wally »

NO_H2O wrote:Awsome pix. That is one track I would love to take a few laps on. Spa is another I would love to drive.
Thanks Wally
Your very welcome!
Actually, 'Le bugshow' is held at the Spa-francorchamp circuit this year again and all previous years you could drive on the track most of the weekend. In groups though, with a frontrunner, but depending on how fast you are and your experience, the pace could be quite high :twisted:

Here's the 'official' site of DasDragDay: www.autobahn.be

Cool pics too Pete; good memories coming back :)
It would be VERY cool if we could meet there :D Small germanLook.com meet so to speak 8)
I think we can sqeeze you into one of our cars too for a shotgun ride around the Ring :wink:

Another bonus for me this year is that we keep our holiday this year for a week at a friends pension/hotel/appartment. He now has this super nice pension there and its almost right AT the track in Adenau. This is his site: www.ringpension.de
I think I will check out the track surroundings a little more this year :D
www.apfelbeck.nl
petevw

Post by petevw »

^^^ Wow, that sounds real tempting! Your friend has a nice place.

Pete
'01 Golf - some mods
'72 Super - more mods
'52 Split - crazy mods

'65 Bus 21w W\T - stock for now
westypoo

Post by westypoo »

ive been lurking for a while and have seen your car on both here and germanlook.com/.net. i gotta say your car is VERY well thought out.

also was your car turboed when you went? seein your car makes me wanna get a t4 and turbo it. ive seen some people pull some good #'s on just a stock bottom end with a turbo. sorry to stray off topic.

topic question...
just thought id ask... how fast did you get your car to go on the track?
Wally

Post by Wally »

westypoo wrote:ive been lurking for a while and have seen your car on both here and germanlook.com/.net. i gotta say your car is VERY well thought out.
Thanks!
I'll try to make it a little better everytime I change something :wink:
also was your car turboed when you went?
Yes, but on very low boost, because of my inexperience with the track (7 psi).
topic question...
just thought id ask... how fast did you get your car to go on the track?
Don't know and really didn't really care; its so nice to drive there and I feel/felt so previledged (sp?) to be able to drive there that speeds and times are not the goal. Trying to round the corners as well as possible and not be caught by blind corners is MUCHO more on your mind when you are there, I assure you :wink:
www.apfelbeck.nl
westypoo

Post by westypoo »

ya ill admitt... id LOVE to go there and drive a 1303 on that track! your right tho.. speed is not a conscern.... i had to ask tho since no one else had. lol. well again i love your car, and i think if i can pull a few strings... i might end up with a 1303 as well to start a germen look project of my own. a germen look has been my dream since my first bug was a 1302. but is was far too rusty to really save. but my next buy is for sure going to be a super 1303 for sure! i also wanna go turbo'd t4.