Porsche style fibreglass front

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
1303WRC

Porsche style fibreglass front

Post by 1303WRC »

Hi guys, its been about 6 years since i posted on this site! so long so that ive forgotten my old user name so im starting from scratch, im information hunting at the moment, im trying to find out some more information about the car in the picture below:

So far ive established that it was owned and possibly still is by a german guy called Klaus Raschig its a 1975 1303 with a 2,9 L Type 4 lump in the back. Does anyone know where the bodywork is from? Im after the front end, i have a feeling that it maybe a one off but im hoping not! i dont want to go down the mould making route if i can help it.

Any info would or nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
volkdent

Post by volkdent »

It's very cool, wish I knew. Have you asked on GermanLook.com forums?

The site is down right now, but hopefully up again soon...

Jason
Wally

Post by Wally »

IIRC, the bodywork came from Holzapfel in Germany. Maybe custom made like the engine. It was not a regular 2,9 ltr type 4, but an OHC 'Overfly' engine.
Google it, maybe you'll find more info that way :wink:
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
Beetlemania55

Post by Beetlemania55 »

Hi Guys!

What You see is my 1303 S which I drove in the German DIVINOL-Cup from 2001 to 2004. By now I´m only doing Hill-Races (is that correct?) and Slaloms because DIVINOL is much to expensive for a whole Season...

For further information You can ask me at [email protected]

There is another one car like mine, which was build up from Rolf Holzapfel (by the time THE Tuner of Porsche GEMBALLA in Leonberg near Stuttgart) for a dentist Dr.Josef Gerold from Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

With aircooled greetings from Germany Klaus F. Raschig
Beetlemania55

Post by Beetlemania55 »

By the Way: The flip-front is made of Carbon so the doors, the rear wing and hood and the fenders which makes 750kg by 304 PS ;-)
Wally

Post by Wally »

Good to 'see' you here (as well) Klaus :wink:
Walter
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
Cohibra45

Post by Cohibra45 »

Thanks for sharing Klaus!!! That is one of the coolest Beetles I've seen in a while. Can't get much more 'German Look' than that!!!!!!!! 8)

I would love to see what that designer could do with my Ghia!!! :twisted:
Kelly (Cohibra45)

When only the BEST will do............

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/
Wally

Post by Wally »

I think its pure 'race-look' if there even is such a thing and quite ugly to be honest.
German-style is mostly street(legal)-orientated :wink:

The techniques used in that car are very inspiring however 8)
The results on the track of that car are mind-boggling :twisted:
www.apfelbeck.nl
Beetlemania55

Post by Beetlemania55 »

I ever asked me, why there were never a Guy in Germany tuning a Karman - I guess it would be very competitive, because of the perfect airstreamed form... On the street You often see them mostly with a 911-engine.

It´s about 15 years ago, I met a fast Karman for one time at a small Slalom for the former KÄFER-CUP - I drove there from 1989 until 1999 with my Type1-1303S even with a HOLZAPFEL tuned Type 1 with 2.286ccm and over 200hp on the engine-testing-machine (please excuse my horrable English ;-)

Klaus

If there is anybody, writing me, which way I can post pictures here, I´ll show You some details...
Cohibra45

Post by Cohibra45 »

Beetlemania55 wrote:I ever asked me, why there were never a Guy in Germany tuning a Karman - I guess it would be very competitive, because of the perfect airstreamed form... On the street You often see them mostly with a 911-engine.

It´s about 15 years ago, I met a fast Karman for one time at a small Slalom for the former KÄFER-CUP - I drove there from 1989 until 1999 with my Type1-1303S even with a HOLZAPFEL tuned Type 1 with 2.286ccm and over 200hp on the engine-testing-machine (please excuse my horrable English ;-)

Klaus

If there is anybody, writing me, which way I can post pictures here, I´ll show You some details...
Here you go........I use photobucket.com, but there are others out there.

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=48275

Love to see pictures!!!
Kelly (Cohibra45)

When only the BEST will do............

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/
Laz

Post by Laz »

hey kelly did you get that beast going yet? i was down when brent was building on your stuff its very impressive.
SuperRSi

Re: Porsche style fibreglass front

Post by SuperRSi »

Digging up an old one. Love the rear cover/wing. Perfect to cover a turbo intercooled T4...