lambo doors

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
ghia74jac

lambo doors

Post by ghia74jac »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but, I have a 74 ghia and am wondering if anyone has ever tried putting lambo doors on their ghia or any vw?

Thanks
Pooter

Post by Pooter »

Honestly it's your car, but IMHO very tastless.
freekazoid

Post by freekazoid »

Well anything is possible with the right combination.

I guess the doors are pretty lite. The frame would definetly need to be renforced. Aligning the door when closed might be a pain since no ghia is exact.
Plasticfantastic

Post by Plasticfantastic »

Nobody is gonna make a set of the hinges for Ghias, ever. Just not enough demand.
It would be a gamble but you could try a set of the hinges for one of the ricer cars that already have sets available. There are a ton of these "lambo door kits" out there. Basically a new single upper hinge that replaces the two factory hinges and allows the door to open out a little and then swing up. Even with hinges to start with, still A TON OF WORK FOR A SKILLED FABRICATOR. The hinges might not have the exact door geometry of your Ghia, they won't bolt directly to the jamb or the door so you would have to figure out how to attach them... its some work, good luck.

Jeff-
Cometat4

Post by Cometat4 »

There as a car in Hot VWs a while back with lambo doors, but I think it looked stupid
JiI

Post by JiI »

And the hinge mechanisms were at the driver/ passenger's knees. Tacky.
Jeff