Offroad classifieds forum

Class 11 streeter

Offroad classifieds forum

Post by Class 11 streeter »

Doc

Over on the Off-Road forum MN has started an Off-Road "classifieds" thread. It does the job but it's not as easy to use as a forum.

Any chance there could be an Off-Road classifieds forum? We could even combine it with something like "watercooled" stuff or whatever......
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

C11,

Tim and I have been working together to evaluate the need for a stand alone Off Road For Sale forum. Both of us would like to increase participation on this unique forum and we thought the For Sale thread might be a good test.

I have not looked in on the thread for a few weeks, but will do so. I will also contact Tim and see what his take is. If we add a stand alone Off Road For Sale section, I don't think I will vote for combining it with other stuff. What would be the point of the combo?

My real question is, what is the real advantage to adding this to STF when Samba does such a good job as the preeminent For Sale site? I'm not opposed to adding it, just wondering if it will really serve a unique purpose.

I welcome (and know Tim does too) feedback on this issue. I will add an Off Road For Sale section if enough of us think it will be useful. Let's see if this thread gets more responses. Thanks for the feedback.

doc
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

An off-road classified would be helpful in getting those who don't frequent the ORF to realize there is a place to buy and sale parts. Most Off-Road parts where not meant to be but have been adapted to work in a off-road vehicle.
allsierra123

Post by allsierra123 »

I personally would like to see this happen.Its kind of a hassle if your posting here and then you want to look at some parts classifieds because the guys have given you and Idea then you have to go over to the samba to see if anyone has it.I think most of the guys in OR forum have enough parts they want to unload to get it going.and with some strategic double posting like people do here when they have an ad on the samba.I think it could really bring in more people.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Another interesting viewpoint. But a long time between posts and few comments. Any others?

doc
takotruckin

Post by takotruckin »

personally, i think thesamba.com does a great job in the classifieds department. i would rather everything be listed there, than have to check at multiple sites
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

For users of the STF, a Off-Road classified in the main Classified area would be a good thing for those buying and selling.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Basicly we already have a off-road classifieds but they are just in the off-road section. Would it take up any more room posted out with the other classifieds? But would gain more exposure in the main area.

Here is our classified section

OFF-ROAD Classifieds
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

i vote yes for a classified section here on STF.....
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
allsierra123

Post by allsierra123 »

Well if we could get a few more to vote on the poll over in the OR forum we would have votes to back up the request.
blwnbwtie

Post by blwnbwtie »

I agree i definately think there should be a section for off-road classifieds it would be way easier than looking through all of the posts on that one topic. Maybe combine type 3 and type 4 classifieds since there isnt that many topics and make an off-road one.
allsierra123

Post by allsierra123 »

Wow this thing was seriously buried.