Favorite threads?

JayInMI

Favorite threads?

Post by JayInMI »

Is there a way to set up the boards to allow users to save favorite or pertinient threads? I've been researching FI apps and it would be hand if I could keep the pertinent threads somewhere.

Thanks,

Jay
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Jay,

I don't know the answer, but suspect the feature is not available. I'll look into it. It would be a nice feature for those who are interested in collecting info on a particular subject.

doc
Marc

Post by Marc »

Just bookmark them (add to your "Favorites" in IE) and organize into a folder. Or create a simple text file to copy & paste the URLs into.
If you want to be assured of having the information available even when the STF server is down you'll need to do a little more work copying & pasting the posts into a document on your PC...when the system was upgraded a while back the "old" threads were lost - it could happen again someday.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Marc,

Thanks. Great ideas, of course. The bookmark options requires only an organization into subfolders, which could be named by subject, to seperate topics and is pretty easy to do.

The cut and paste option is more laborious, but also doable for the dedicated.

Hope this helps, Jay.

doc
JayInMI

Post by JayInMI »

I could also download the threads and save them as PDF's with Safari (I run a Mac) I just thought it would be cool if I could tag all the stuff online. Good point about losing stuff during upgrades (or hacker attacks!)

Thanks

Jay