Electrical/Wiring Forum

Bob Ingman

Electrical/Wiring Forum

Post by Bob Ingman »

I have continued to mention this topic all across STF to test the air so to speak. Without exception it has met with favorable response.
This IMHO will be a valuable addition to the existing forums. Thanks for listening. Bob Ingman
BugMe

Post by BugMe »

I agree with Bob and there appears to be wide support for an Electrical Forum.
Bob Ingman

Post by Bob Ingman »

Wiring woes seem to pop up on all forums fairly frequently. It would be nice to have a place to take these problems where knowlegable people are hanging out with informative input.
What I typically see when someone complains of a certain wiring malady is a response like "oh yeah that happened on my car too ad I did about three different things but never did fix it". Hopefully some others will get on the band Wagen here and convince the management to initiate this forum. Cheers. Bob Ingman
aj44kart

Post by aj44kart »

i agree! we need an electrical forum. it would help us all out a lot instead of posting in several other areas such as beetle, super, offroad and whatever else we can find to try to get one answer when we could just go to the wiring forum. great site, and a new forum would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Marc

Post by Marc »

I'm completely ambivalent on the subject, I fail to see any need for yet another forum as I don't foresee any tangible gain. It's bad enough now that 25% of the people posting with electrical problems have to be prodded into revealing the year & model of their cars, but at least if the question is posted in the 'Ghia forum it's generally safe to assume it's a `Ghia, etc. - a catch-all "electrical" forum isn't going to improve upon that any. Answers will need to be more long-winded and qualified since a good answer for one specific car type might be worthless for another.
If an electrical forum is started up I'd certainly visit it regularly, but right now I use the "new Topics" feature to see what's up at all forums, which works for me.
Daniel G

Post by Daniel G »

I think there should be a wiring/electrical forum as well.

Daniel
Bob Ingman

Post by Bob Ingman »

Marc I remember you saying that about the transaxle forum but you are one of the most productive contributors there. Like that forum I know you would be a key player on an Elect/Wiring forum. Cheers. Bob Ingman
Bob Ingman

Post by Bob Ingman »

Marc I remember you saying that about the transaxle forum but you are one of the most productive contributors there. Like that forum I know you would be a key player on an Elect/Wiring forum. Cheers. Bob Ingman
panel

Post by panel »

Bump for electrical forum. It's good for guys who need to run regulators and hard start relays. Even higher wattage headlights that'll need relays.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

until it gets noted... search the web for speedy jim.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Electrical Forum would be great, to include this also? Ignition.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

I nominate Speedy Jim...

His stuff on RAMVA and site are impecible...

OR... Rick Higgins (he can promote his 2 bugme videos)

T.
david58

Post by david58 »

PM me any links you have on electrical and ignition and we can get this ball rolling.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Take it back...

Bob... will you help us start?
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I would also like to start this much requested forum. But, we won't start until we find the right moderator. Speedy Jim has been asked and respectfully declined as his plate is full (Thanks anyway, SJ :D ). I will entertain suggestions, if someone is so inclined.

doc