Upgrade to phpBB?

R2.0

Upgrade to phpBB?

Post by R2.0 »

Are there any plans to upgrade the software backing the Forum? I ask because I use Mozilla, which has a neat toolbar called the Site Navigation Bar. This is a toolbar that allows going forward, back, and up/down w/o using the links on the page. I can use this feature on other forums with later versions of the phpBB software, but this one doesn't have that functionality. Or maybe it is an option that needs to be turned on.

Thanks.
Gomer_pyle

Post by Gomer_pyle »

thats odd i also use mozilla firefox

i am able to use the forward and back buttons fine.

try upgrading mozilla.
R2.0

Post by R2.0 »

Already did - on 1.7 now.

I'm not talking about the regular forward & back buttons. This is the Site Navigation Bar. View|show/Hide|Site Navigation bar. Buttons are:
- Up
- First
- Previous
- Next
- Last,

and a couple more. It's great for sites with a heirarchical structure or lists of items - like BB's. But only if the site is built to use it. I think the later phpBB versions are, since a bunch of otehr BB's I am on are good with the toolbar, and the only difference I see is a newer rev. of the software.
Gomer_pyle

Post by Gomer_pyle »

humm.......can you tell me were the fratures are at? i have an older version of mozlla (not sure if that will be a factor)
R2.0

Post by R2.0 »

Main Toolbar:
View|Show/Hide|Site Navigation Bar

Choices are on, off, and As Needed - Mozilla detects if the site can use it and reveals the bar.
Gomer_pyle

Post by Gomer_pyle »

i dont have those on mozilla it must be beacuse i have an older version.
doc

Post by doc »

I'm really struggling with the phpbb software. HTML it ain't! Slowly, I'm getting closer to trying to make some changes, the first of which will probably be upgrading to a newer version of phpbb, since the site is 2 or 3 versions behind. No promises, but stay tuned.

doc