POSTING PICS

britegreenVWSB

POSTING PICS

Post by britegreenVWSB »

Sorry, but posting pics here is WAY too hard. I just posted an ad and there was no clear way how to post pics. I could never figure it out, so my ad is running w/o pics. This is frustrating.
doc
Site Admin

Re: POSTING PICS

Post by doc »

On the post page, below the posting part is an area for Adding Attachments. That's the spot. A short look around should get you to where you can browse your computers hard drive and download the pic you want.

Two "tricky" parts are of note:

First, if you want your pic to appear in the post, you will have to click the Inline button after you download.

Second, there is a limit on picture size (too big will post as a link). You should resize your pics to 800x600 px or so before download. This insures that they appear as whole pictures on most everybody's screen. Most digital cam pics not resized would load a 2500 px wide pic.

Downloading pics on this site is just like the thousands of others out there using exactly the same software. A little practice will go a long way.

pm me, if your continue to have problems.

doc
Stripped66

Post by Stripped66 »

I'm trying to post a pic hosted elsewhere using the [img] tags. It appears your 800x600 limit for image attachments has been forced over to hotlinked images as well. However, it does not appear you have allowed either automatic or manual BBcode image resizing to function so that we can hotlink our oversized images hosted elsewhere. :?:
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

IMG tags have worked fine for many years (used to be the only way). But pics that exceed the size and/or space requirements will be reduced to links. Saves bandwidth, storage and allows those of us with smaller screens to see more.

You could download/copy the image you want, reduce the size and then post. Have to be careful you're not pirating someone else's stuff.

Hope the explanation helps.

doc